My Cat After Cleaning Teeth

Lilyraghdlife

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My cat got hes teeth cleaning and i was so worried about the anesthesia
But everything went ok he said we didnt have to remove any teeth only cleaning and he give me med for the gingivitis its clindamycin and he eat and drink is usual before we clean it
But i’m so worried the reason why i took him to the vet he isn't play and never interest in any game and only meowing but the vet said maybe the reason is gingivitis but after the cleaning he seem to be less than before he was purring in the bed before now he is not interesting in anything that the day two for mad
And i talk about he poop before i dont give him any mad yet but hes stool is the same and this is the picture
* i notice he peeing less than before
But he's Urine position is normal and he dont meowing inside the box
Do you think i’m too worried and he is normal???

JamesCalifornia

Mr.Mom to a house of cats 😇😼
Top Cat
Purraise
~ I am thinking your kitty is still feeling the effects of the anesthesia . It can take several days to recover - especially if kitty is sensitive to the medication.
It's good you watch him and keep in touch with the Doc.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Lilyraghdlife

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
~ I am thinking your kitty is still feeling the effects of the anesthesia . It can take several days to recover - especially if kitty is sensitive to the medication.
It's good you watch him and keep in touch with the Doc.
I have appointment in saturday
But i’m too worried about him he aint
Purring like he was do you think he is sad ??

Elfilou

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I think he will feel much better when all the medicine is out of his body and he feels his new squeaky clean, non-painful teeth :)

Tooth pain can certainly make a cat less playful, less happy etc. Let's hope he recovers soon. If anything happens you can always ask for help then, but he seems fine now. Don't worry!

JamesCalifornia

Mr.Mom to a house of cats 😇😼
Top Cat
Purraise
~ He may still have a sore mouth. As long as you are giving him attention and holding him he's not sad. I have very happy cats and not all of them purr . Some even give me funny looks !

Lilyraghdlife

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
It's been two days since he cleaned up
Hes teeth and he still didnt change he doesn't play he never stay with me when i pet him he leave the room and he change alot i give him chicken with little pumpkin and sometimes he smell it then leave i’m so tired from thinking and worring about him and asking alot of questions i always read he become normal from the second day but i didnt see different and today he pee in my bed It's been a long time since he did this behaver and he doesn't like hes med
Always try to throw up and i hate when the time come to make him drink his med i’m just tired i want everything back to normal agian i think something is wrong is he upset that i left him one day in the vet !? Or he depressing or there any issue with him !! My head hurt from thinking to much :livid: i want to cry right now :hmmm:

verna davies

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Give him a few days to settle down. The anesthetic can take several days to get out of their system and his gums are most probably sore. The poo condition could be from the anesthetic too. Try not to worry, give him soft food and plenty of love.

Purr-fect

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would be patient. Give him his space. He may be upset with you for taking him to the vet.

Lilyraghdlife

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hello i’m back
He still dont want to play with me he only want to eat and drink and sleep he ate well yesterday i brought him hes favorite “ tuna “ from applaws and he eat it all but today he did some diarrhea
And i was so worried maybe from the med and i talk to my vet he said most likely it from the tuna you give him stick to chicken and pumpkin i dont know yet
But he seems to be so stress and tired
He only want to sleep and wake up 4 am to give him some food then he sleep agian he dont like me to touch him i tried all the game he like he just watch me and leave is that normal ?? How many days do i have to wait he wake up to

Lilyraghdlife

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Scratching and jump in hes cat tree then he go to sleep agian i’m not sure yet

Lilyraghdlife

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My cat still have diarrhea what should i do !! I starting to giving up no matter what i do nothing change how to stop this diarrhea ! Its so bad i want to stop it can i try metronidazole ?? I’m afraid he get poison after giving it togther i just want these to stop help guys !!

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
Your cat has been through a lot, with the stress of the vet visit, anaesthesia, and most likely a sore mouth before and after the cleaning. Not only that but he has been given Clindemycin which is an antibiotic and, like it does with us humans, it can cause upsets to the digestive system. I think it is reasonable that he is still not himself but if you are very worried I suggest you call the vet to ask them about the Clindemycin.