My Canine Fam

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
Cuties! You have a full house. Does everyone co-exist peacefully?
Right now I am in the Middle East and the 3 cats and 2 budgies are with me. Back in my home country I have the 3 dogs and 1 cat. Soon we will all go back home but excluding the birds (not allowed to send to my country ☹). I am not so sure how they will co-exist, but I am building a separate “cat apartment” now back home just for precautionary measures. Although my dogs love Pepsi the cat back home. Just not sure if they will also accept Bourbon, Brandy and Barley.

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
Right now I am in the Middle East and the 3 cats and 2 budgies are with me. Back in my home country I have the 3 dogs and 1 cat. Soon we will all go back home but excluding the birds (not allowed to send to my country ☹). I am not so sure how they will co-exist, but I am building a separate “cat apartment” now back home just for precautionary measures. Although my dogs love Pepsi the cat back home. Just not sure if they will also accept Bourbon, Brandy and Barley.
They may not have a choice! They’ll be outnumbered! :)

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
They are precious! :hearthrob: I have a soft spot for dogs too. In fact, we were at an adoption event over the weekend where I fell in love with a stray mama who was pregnant with puppies. Fortunately she will not be put up for adoption until after the pups are weaned which gives me plenty of time to mull things over. ;)

I think your idea about setting up a separate cat apartment when you return home is a great idea. :thumbsup: How soon do you plan to move?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
They are precious! :hearthrob: I have a soft spot for dogs too. In fact, we were at an adoption event over the weekend where I fell in love with a stray mama who was pregnant with puppies. Fortunately she will not be put up for adoption until after the pups are weaned which gives me plenty of time to mull things over. ;)

I think your idea about setting up a separate cat apartment when you return home is a great idea. :thumbsup: How soon do you plan to move?
Well right now my husband and I are still out of our country and working. Maybe it would take another 2 years to 5, depending on the work contract. However, we are now starting to build it. Actually it is supposed to be our terrace on the upper floor but I decided to convert it instead into a cat apartment with wide windows so the cats can see what is going on outside. It is annexed to our bedroom so I can also easily come and go.

My dogs have accepted our one cat back home, but who knows how they will react to the 3 ones here with me. I am also planning to move them one by one due to costs (I cannot afford to ship them all at the same time). Further, I will never know if another cat would be coming in, as I also do not seem to stop taking in cats from the streets. :)