My BSH girl flops to one side or rolls on her back during mating

Pink House Cats

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I’ve put her with three studs... two were too small for her... she has a very long toros but the third was massive and with him she would be welcoming but within moments of him mounting will roll on to her side or back, this preventing a mating. Several weeks have past and now she is also displaying this behaviour with the smaller stud boy I have at home. Does anyone have any suggestions about how I might facilitate a successful mating for my girl? I’ve tried holding her in place for him but that just puts him off... tearing my hair out here, all suggestions welcome... thanks!

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Difficult. But I know sometimes the mating succeeds even although she rolls around... One of my late residents was from such a mating, where the pair were friendly to each other, but she rolled around as soon as our resident mated. Yet the succeed. (so we had the father and his son, both studs).

So an advice is perhaps, to use a very experienced (but friendly) stud.

az ragdolls

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Lol typically behavior she might just not be ready but rolling after mounting is a good sign breeders I know refer this as "shake and bake" good luck!