My Boy’s Poorly

Megpreston212

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
So my 3 year old Louis has been off for over a month now. We took him to the vet 2 weeks ago as his 3rd eyelids have been out constantly for a few weeks. She advised it’s possible he has a virus answer most like Haws Syndrome is causing the eyelid issue. The eyelids aren’t bothering him and she said it will hopefully go away within a month or two. In the appointment he had also lost a little bit of weight.
Since this appointment I feel he is now showing new symptoms. The biggest thing is the hair loss patches on the sides of his neck. Any idea if this could be related to him having a virus? He has also started sound a bit gargley when he meows, almost as if he has phlegm. Heard a few sneezes too!
He is eating as normal, can’t monitor his pee/poops as he is an outdoor cat. He is generally his normal self but he visual symptoms are becoming worse. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Attachments

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Did they run blood work or do any kinds of tests on him? If not, I would definitely get a second opinion. Plus I am unaware of any virus that causes hair loss.

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Since he goes outdoors, any number of things could be attributing to his hair loss. What has changed recently in your outdoor environment - weather, fertilizers, etc.? This could be totally unrelated to his viral condition.

The rest of his symptoms do sound to be related to a viral condition, and it may have led to a secondary bacterial infection, explaining the phlegm and sneezing, so he may need antibiotics.

Have they checked for viral conditions? If he is fully vaccinated, that may not be an option because the vaccinations, in many cases, will show positive results due to the antibodies produced.

There are members on this site who give immunity boosters to cats with viruses. One of which is DMG (N-Dimethylglycine), another is L-lysine. I hope some other members more experienced with these types of immune boosters will see this post and offer some suggestions about supplements that help.
Amazon.com : VetriScience Laboratories - Vetri DMG Liquid, Immune Support for Cats and Dogs, 30 Servings : Pet Antioxidant Nutritional Supplements : Pet Supplies