My boyfriend found cat on roof is he fixed? Was in the hood... no collar no chip

Princesskitty0420

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Does he looked neutered to you ?? I can’t tell my boyfriend found him on roof and we have no idea he had to of been up there for a week his paws were so black. And looked sun burnt. We washed him and want to keep him. But we have 2 girl cats that are 6 months not fixed yet...

Attachments

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Princesskitty0420

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
We don’t know how old he is he looks full grown... we don’t know how long he was outside but our guess was a week. Sorry forgot to add that in.

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
It's hard to tell from a photo. You need to get him to a vet who can do a hands-on check.

Princesskitty0420

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I just took both my girls in and it was 450 so I literally can’t afford that. & I never got unemployment and I’m a hairdresser they screwed me. So I didn’t get the extra money everybody else did

Princesskitty0420

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
and I’m sure they’d charge me a vet check up which is like 150 plus

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He looks neutered to me. A tom's testicles are about the size of a robin egg, and are very visible from the side when he walks. However, you must keep an eye on the girls. Take him to a vet, and if he hasn't been neutered, the vet can do it at a much lower cost than a spay. At VCA clinics, the first visit is free.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Are you sure he's not chipped? It's impossible to tell just by looking, you need to get a vet to scan for a micro-chip. If he's already neutered he could be someone's lost pet, so it's worth getting him scanned before you worry about any other vet bills.

If you let us know what city you are in we'll help you find a low cost clinic. Some places will do a package of vaccines-spay/neuter-blood test-micro-chip for much less than $450.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What area do you live in? There are a lot of low-cost spay/neuter programs nowadays, we can help you find one.

He does look neutered, be sure to report him as found and have him scanned for a microchip. Also post on your local lost and found pets Facebook page, Nextdoor, etc.

Princesskitty0420

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Yeah I think he is neutered and we took him to shelter and they said no chip but that they had no room for him at the moment. So I took him home

Princesskitty0420

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
What area do you live in? There are a lot of low-cost spay/neuter programs nowadays, we can help you find one.

He does look neutered, be sure to report him as found and have him scanned for a microchip. Also post on your local lost and found pets Facebook page, Nextdoor, etc.
He’s been scanned no chip

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
He’s been scanned no chip
Thank you for caring about this boy. He does appear to be neutered and if he doesn't have a chip he likely doesn't belong to anyone but you can put up found cat fliers. NO pictures. Just give a description and if someone claims that he is theirs they will have to prove that he is. If you let us know what city you live near we can help you find a low or no cost spay clinic for the girls. It really is in their best interest even if he is fixed.

Princesskitty0420

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you for caring about this boy. He does appear to be neutered and if he doesn't have a chip he likely doesn't belong to anyone but you can put up found cat fliers. NO pictures. Just give a description and if someone claims that he is theirs they will have to prove that he is. If you let us know what city you live near we can help you find a low or no cost spay clinic for the girls. It really is in their best interest even if he is fixed.
They both are only 6 months I got them as kittens. I know there’s a petfix near by for about 70. But the problem is they want me to drop them off at 7:30-3:30. And I work 2-10. Almost everyday and no family or friends to help.

Princesskitty0420

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
& I never got unemployment money so I can’t afford to take off. Even tho I do have a job it’s minimum wage so the girl cats will have to wait to get fixed. they have had shots and dewormed. When 8 weeks old. Wish I had the money to take off work for a few days

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Call Petfix and ask if they'll keep them overnight. They should be willing/able, because some feral caretakers don't have a place to keep recovering cats. Some places will do it for free, some charge a small amount extra.

At any rate, female cats are very ingenious when it comes to getting out when they're in heat, and raising a litter costs WAY more than a spay (and so does pyometra), so try to get it done as soon as you can.