My both cats have diarrhea

Litzys12347

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My both cats keep having diarrhea! We already give them both Diagel and there medical from the doctor but the medical supposed help with diarrhea but they keep having diarrhea! They’re chinchilla Persian ! We feel them dry royal canin mother kitten & wet wellness core kitten! One of them keep throwing up and she doesn’t wanna be grab Sometimes they don’t wanna eat wet or dry! But they do drink lot of water and they haven’t lose weight yet so! I feel like it hairball or it something else !? Help me

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
It sounds as if they both have some sort of infection or parasites. Coccidia or giardia could cause this, as well as other things. It takes a fecal test from the vet to properly diagnose. But something is going on here. I'd take them both to the vet and insist that he do blood work and fecal tests to determine the cause. Just medicating the symptoms WILL NOT STOP THIS.

white shadow

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi Litzys12347 and welcome to the forum !

As Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 said, much more needs to be done.........but first, can you try telling us more about what you said here:
"We already give them both Diagel and there medical from the doctor but the medical supposed help with diarrhea"​
What exactly is there medical - do you mean medicine/a drug ? What is the name of that drug ?

How long have you been giving your cats these things ?

What kind of tests did the Doctor do ?

In what country or where are you located ?

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It may very well be the food you are giving them too. Sometimes 'kitten' food is often too rich for a cat's system. I know it is hard to change a diet without causing moe diarrhea, but since they already have it, it may be worth a shot. SLOWLY change them over to maybe a sensitive stomach food of some kind and see if it helps. Also make absolutely sure they are not getting milk products of any kind, cheese, milk, cottage cheese, etc. these are notorious for giving cats persistent diarrhea.