My bengal is pregnant...by how many days??

cat person

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have only had, two, SBT Bengals, that, I was given, via a rescue and where actually pregnant. One, looked like that, and had baby's (kittens) in seventy two hours. The other, was, around 55 days, I am guessing. Since, she had her kittens about ten days later. I hope that was somewhat helpful

Can you touch her stomach/sides without getting injured? If so, and she is around 40 days, I would THINK, you could feel the kitten moving. But, maybe not. I guess, it depends on the amount of kittens, in the litter and each cats, individual pregnancy.

I have seen, quite a few, early generation (F1-F3) queens, that, looked like that and where either not pregnant (false pregnancy, in them is common) or the litter got reabsorbed. I am guessing, neither, is very common in SBT Bengal, but, I just thought I could mention it, as, a possibility.

Lastly, can you have her x-rayed by a vet (assuming it is safe and you want to pay for it)? If so, that will give you an idea how far along she is. As well as, telling you, about, how many kittens you should be expecting.

P.S. please post photo's of the kittens and I wish you lived in the USA. Since, I would LOVE a baby (kitten) from that breeding, I suspect

orientalslave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The OP lives in the UK and use of ultrasound seems far more common here.  I wouldn't get a pregnant cat xrayed unless it was a matter of life and death which this clearly isn't.

Unfortunately the OP hasn't noticed or has forgotten when her cats mated, otherwise she would be able to work out when the kittens are due.  In the current situation all we can say is they are due when they are due.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

natashajago

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
We are not sure of the time of mating no, but i was think around 40 days also, i think being in a mind set of 'when they are due they are due' without attempting to have an idea is very dangerous! what if they came to early or i left them in there too late? I have a rough idea and im getting an ultrasound next week as it do not believe in just leaving it to chance and think that is very good advice x x

I will be posting plenty of kitten pics dont worry :) Also cat person if you have any photos of your previous savannahs and servals i would LOVE to see these!! And thanks for the insight on your experiances with your bengals and savannahs x x

orientalslave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If kittens are early there is very little you can do unless it's just a day or two, and intervening because you think they are late (as in over 70 days) is IMHO very risky unless you know the date of first mating. The ultrasound might give you a slightly better idea but vets are not that good at determining gestation however they do it. The very best way by some distance is to know when they mated.

natashajago

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
obviously yes the best way is to know when they mated but as i dont, i do need to try and estimate as close to the real gestation as possible, so if i do believe she is over 70 days i can help her, i cnt just leave them in there. Also again is i believe she is early i know i cant save them but i can be prepared and get Honey the best help possible. If anyone was to just sit back and not try to get an estimation of gestation i would call them irresponsible, and i have found vets to be rather reliable in gestation dates when they cat is far along enough x

cat person

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We are not sure of the time of mating no

You are not the only one, who, leaves there hybrids cats together at all times. The breeders, that, breed F2 Savannahs, left the F1 queen with the male domestic or F5 Savannah, as long as, the female would accept him. The Serval(s), it deepened on the nature of the stud and the nature of the domestic queens. The African Jungle cat, lived with all his queens and NEVER was taken away from them. So, I think, it just matters on the male and female pair, as, to how they react to each other.

but i was think around 40 days also,

That is what matters, at least, in my humble opinion

i think being in a mind set of 'when they are due they are due' without attempting to have an idea is very dangerous! what if they came to early or i left them in there too late? I have a rough idea and im getting an ultrasound next week as it do not believe in just leaving it to chance and think that is very good advice x x

Let us or at least me know
, about the ultra sound
. I am very very excited for you

I will be posting plenty of kitten pics dont worry :)

I will hold you to that
. But seriously, all I can say is YAY

Also cat person if you have any photos of your previous savannahs and servals i would LOVE to see these!!

These are links, with, picture's of my much loved and much missed F3 Savannah. You will note, he, is a non-standard color. But, his behavior is all Savannah
.  Anyway, here are some links: http://www.thecatsite.com/t/252047/loki-dear, http://www.thecatsite.com/t/251364/...and-four-months-plus-photos-of-him-growing-up, and http://www.thecatsite.com/t/255032/r-i-p-my-beloved-loki. I will have to to upload photo's of my Serval, some time, next week. Please remind me, as, I tend to be busy and very ditsy. I love sharing photo's, with people who love my cats

And thanks for the insight on your experiances with your bengals and savannahs x x

You are very welcome, I am glad, that, I was somewhat helpful

Last edited:

natashajago

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
aww dont worry i will post any outcomes of the scan on this thread!! Can you get scan pictures!!?? haha im like a broody expectant mother myself! Im gonna be nosey at your piccies now :D dont worry i really wont forget about the serval pics haha, iv been nagging my husband and he has just come to acceot that we WILL have one lol! x x x 

natashajago

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Well we think Honey is around the 50 day mark, she has started pulling the hair out from around her nipples and apparently this happens near the last week of pregnancy? Getting close!

cat person

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well we think Honey is around the 50 day mark, she has started pulling the hair out from around her nipples and apparently this happens near the last week of pregnancy? Getting close!
Yay, I am so excited for you
. Let us know, how, it goes. Or, at least me

natashajago

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
She is great thanks! I can clearly see babies moving and kicking from other side of the room so wnt be much longer! X

natashajago

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Honey's temp is now 37.0 bang on so are kittens going to make an appearance in the next couple of days??

savethemoms

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Oh how exciting for you. This is my first year with taking temp. to watch for labor. It did happen with both my queens in about 24 hours after I noticed the drop in temperature. Although 2for2 isn't a very big number it is 100% of my findings lol :D Very happy for you and Hunny! I'm sure someone will have better data for you! It does sound probable :)!!