My beautiful George

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have also had an experience that lifted the weight of unbearable grief. I have lost humans and fur babies and it never gets easier but when my daughter had to leave, I had a dream too. She came and fussed at me for wasting time. She wanted me to continue loving. Not long after that, a feral cat brought me a gift. It was the anniversary of the last day my daughter had spent at home and it was Christmas. I was home alone and it was a nasty cold night. I went out , late, to check on the feral. I had set up a heated shelter for him but he wasn’t inside as usual. I heard a small sound and went into the dark. My flashlight landed on the feral. He had a small black animal in his mouth. Although he had never allowed me close, he came and dropped the gift at my feet. It was a tiny and sickly black kitten. In that moment, I was taken from my thoughts of grief and into the moment of trying to save this little one. I have no idea where the feral found this baby since there were no other cats , besides the old feral, outside back then but the baby survived and he and the feral, Marcus ,helped me to heal. I did continue to love. I will never stop feeling the tug in my heart for my daughter but I wonder if she helped Marcus to bring that baby on that particular night. The kitty is named Bonjure. My heart and the hearts of all others here reach out to you now. :grouphug2: George left a piece of his heart with you and took a piece of yours with him. It takes time for these places to mend.

wily1

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I also had a comforting dream after my father passed away. I was having foot surgery late November so wasn't sure I'd be able to do the drive home for Christmas that year(2 1/2 hour drive in a Manitoba Winter), so just before my surgery made a trip home to drop off my gifts. One gift for my dad was a train calendar, something I'd been buying him for years, started as a gag gift. My dad had been battling cancer for more than six years and was looking and doing well when I saw him in November at his and mom's place. Unfortunately just before Christmas his health really went downhill, I told my mom to bring him the gifts I brought for him to the hospital so he could open them. He passed away December 14th. Anyway I had the following dream just after Christmas.

It was the house I'd grown up in and my dad was there. He handed me back the calendar and said "here I won't be needing this anymore"

Then I was standing in the backyard and my sister was on the other side of the fence. I said "I must be dreaming because dad is dead isn't he" My sister replied "I must be having the same dream then"

I decided to brave the elements to be with my mom for Christmas Eve (could only stay one night as I couldn't manage Tim in his crate while on crutches). They were calling for a bad storm Christmas Day so was on the way home by 8 am. My mom put a bag in my truck for me before I left. Anyway the storm hit on my way home and the 2 1/2 hour trip took almost 4 hours. So tired, stressed and on crutches I forgot about the bag in my truck. A couple of days later I brought the bag inside....the gifts I had got for my dad including the calendar were in the bag.

I like to think this was dads way of telling me he was okay and strangely enough I did get the calendar back.

As a Christian it gives me comfort to know we go on, I know our sweet little pup was waiting for my dad. Sure hope when my cat Tim and myself show up many many years from now (for both of us) they get along.

Last edited:

Grayson’s Mummy Julia

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I have also had an experience that lifted the weight of unbearable grief. I have lost humans and fur babies and it never gets easier but when my daughter had to leave, I had a dream too. She came and fussed at me for wasting time. She wanted me to continue loving. Not long after that, a feral cat brought me a gift. It was the anniversary of the last day my daughter had spent at home and it was Christmas. I was home alone and it was a nasty cold night. I went out , late, to check on the feral. I had set up a heated shelter for him but he wasn’t inside as usual. I heard a small sound and went into the dark. My flashlight landed on the feral. He had a small black animal in his mouth. Although he had never allowed me close, he came and dropped the gift at my feet. It was a tiny and sickly black kitten. In that moment, I was taken from my thoughts of grief and into the moment of trying to save this little one. I have no idea where the feral found this baby since there were no other cats , besides the old feral, outside back then but the baby survived and he and the feral, Marcus ,helped me to heal. I did continue to love. I will never stop feeling the tug in my heart for my daughter but I wonder if she helped Marcus to bring that baby on that particular night. The kitty is named Bonjure. My heart and the hearts of all others here reach out to you now. :grouphug2: George left a piece of his heart with you and took a piece of yours with him. It takes time for these places to mend.
Aww this made me shed a tear. I can’t imagine losing my daughter. God bless u. And that kitten was sent to u from her I’m sure.
I hope your life is more bearable after this tragic loss.
I always say Grayson is my soul cat and has helped me thro many sad times. Animals truly are therapy. And as a whole we humans aren’t worthy to share this planet with them. Sending love from the U.K. ❤❤

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Grayson’s Mummy Julia Grayson’s Mummy Julia Thank you. It does become more bearable. The kitten was just the beginning. My daughters cat, Smokey helped me as well as others here and over the years I have been on a journey with a colony. I tried to look the other way but each time, I felt that pull on my heart again. I had never intended to get more kitties and I didn’t. They got me. Somehow, they just appear. It takes time for our hearts to beat properly with the addition of each new piece added. I suppose that if we love enough, eventually our hearts are made up of a beautiful patchwork of those who have given to us. Painful at first, a blessing at the last. We all get to become a rainbow together one day.

Grayson’s Mummy Julia

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Grayson’s Mummy Julia Grayson’s Mummy Julia Thank you. It does become more bearable. The kitten was just the beginning. My daughters cat, Smokey helped me as well as others here and over the years I have been on a journey with a colony. I tried to look the other way but each time, I felt that pull on my heart again. I had never intended to get more kitties and I didn’t. They got me. Somehow, they just appear. It takes time for our hearts to beat properly with the addition of each new piece added. I suppose that if we love enough, eventually our hearts are made up of a beautiful patchwork of those who have given to us. Painful at first, a blessing at the last. We all get to become a rainbow together one day.
What a beautiful way to see things. I would have a house full of cats but Gray would not allow it.
You are a truly inspirational person for having such a positive outlook on life xx

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What a beautiful way to see things. I would have a house full of cats but Gray would not allow it.
You are a truly inspirational person for having such a positive outlook on life xx
Thank you. If even one pain is eased or one heart begins to mend then I feel it too. We go through the world together, as demonstrated by everyone here. 🌎

Grayson’s Mummy Julia

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Thank you. If even one pain is eased or one heart begins to mend then I feel it too. We go through the world together, as demonstrated by everyone here. 🌎
This site has brought me so much comfort through this lockdown / corona pandemic. Stay safe and thank you for your inspirational words ❤❤