My Beautiful Baby Winter (jan 1st 2003 - Aug 13 2019)

Tik cat's mum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I too was shocked by how much pain I felt when I lost my boy Tik on the 15th August, It felt like I couldn't breath at times it hurt so much. But my boy like winter knew how much I loved him and always will.In time i know it will get easier because I can remember the good times we had together and smile. I saw a picture yesterday of a cat that was the spit of my boy and bursts into tears we will have days that are worse but they will get less often please try to remember that. I'm so sorry for your loss R.I.P sweet winter.

les26

Sylvester's daddy
Top Cat
Purraise
I too was shocked by how much pain I felt when I lost my boy Tik on the 15th August, It felt like I couldn't breath at times it hurt so much.
After we had to put Simon down May 2014 I couldn't breath either that night, I remember I went to sleep for a few hours, woke up and couldn't breath, it was very warm in the room as we didn't have the air conditioner in yet and I went outside at 2:00 in the morning just to try to catch my breath but it was anxiety from putting him down. I also couldn't bear to be enclosed in the shower, when the door closed I felt like I was in a coffin, and I couldn't bear to lay down and be in the dark at night, it all felt like it was closing in on me, but it was the grief and anxiety, and shortly and thankfully those feelings faded away, but it is tough to deal with it!

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Of course you do.......the void that is left when they leave us has to be filled with something, nature does not tolerate a vaccuum. Filling it with grief early on is natural, it takes a long time to learn a new life's order without Winter in it and how to change that grief into something you can live with. There will always be a part of you that grieves, but how big that part ends up is up to you. I know one thing, Winter would never want you to quit seeking the joys of life, to let death change you into someone she doesn't know. You must find something to spark hope for the future, for your life to be filled with something to get you out of bed every morning. Start small,seek out the things in life that bring you pleasure, and let them help you not dwell on something that can not be changed. Take a walk in nature, seek out friends/family that can help you orient yourself to the present. Help out or give a small donation to your local shelter, it helps to give comfort to those who so desperately need it, and would satisfy your own need to hold a small warm body and know you are needed yourself. Grief is not something that you work out and 'get over'. It is an evolving process that has many setbacks, it's own ups and downs, and is entirely unique to each and every person. But most of all it takes time. Time to let grief exhaust it's hold on you, it's horrible intensity cannot be sustained forever. Every human being eventually experiences grief and loss, it is a part of living as natural as breathing. All of us here are proof that there IS a life after death. It just takes knowing you are NOT alone in your time of grieving, and although we cannot take it away, we can advise you on what worked for us and let you find your own way. And that time, which helps to soften the sharp edges of grief will help you to find that way. One day at a time........

BluenIsaacBoys

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi, so sorry to hear that you are having a tough time right now-but please know that it is completely normal as you just lost your dear friend less than 3 months ago. I lost my best friend Blue in July and it still hurts so much. Some days are worse than others.
One thing that you could try, that has helped me a little, is keeping a journal about Winter. I have a Blue journal and actually write letters to him. Sometimes it's a memory of something we did together, sometimes I update him on what's going on in my life, sometimes I just tell him how much I miss him. When I do this, it brings all the emotions up again and very often I cry and cry. It's not easy, but it lets me get it out and then I often feel a little better after. I learned this from someone I've talked to that specializes in pet loss. She said it is like "cleaning a wound" and it helps you work through the grief. I know that Blue will be a part of my life forever, as Winter will always be a part of your life, and that is at least a small comfort. Take care of yourself and know that there are so many here who understand.

Leomc123

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I am sorry winter has passed on, and it is clear she has left a deep hole in your heart. I am like you suffer depression and anxiety and i had many other health issues in my life and both of my cats which passed away earlier this year were the ones who carried me through it all. When i had to help them pass over three months apart from each other it broke me. This whole year has been a hard year on me and its so difficult without them they helped me through alot when i was depressed and sick. Its 11 months now since leo is gone and 9 months since MC passed and i still feel depressed about it. I still at times forget that they are gone and expect them to be at the door in the morning or on my bed when i wake up. Everyday i think of them. Since they died i think i large part of me died with them. There are days where i think about how long can i go on with my life and my issues without them, it just feels like my life now is just pain and suffering and being tormented by people at work, before it was yeah i have pain and issues but when they were around i would forget about all my issues and health worries.

les26

Sylvester's daddy
Top Cat
Purraise
I am sorry winter has passed on, and it is clear she has left a deep hole in your heart. I am like you suffer depression and anxiety and i had many other health issues in my life and both of my cats which passed away earlier this year were the ones who carried me through it all. When i had to help them pass over three months apart from each other it broke me. This whole year has been a hard year on me and its so difficult without them they helped me through alot when i was depressed and sick. Its 11 months now since leo is gone and 9 months since MC passed and i still feel depressed about it. I still at times forget that they are gone and expect them to be at the door in the morning or on my bed when i wake up. Everyday i think of them. Since they died i think i large part of me died with them. There are days where i think about how long can i go on with my life and my issues without them, it just feels like my life now is just pain and suffering and being tormented by people at work, before it was yeah i have pain and issues but when they were around i would forget about all my issues and health worries.
Sounds like you need another kitty and one that needs you to help rebuild and repair your heart and soul :rbheart: :alright::)