My Baby Lucas Has Passed, I’m Heartbroken

momto4kitties

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
1F68DB32-271D-4717-9ED7-5CCE5AA55EEA.jpeg
Hello everyone, many people here know my Lucas and most of you know the struggles I had to keep him healthy because he had many conditions. Well my baby left me on February 22,2018 in the morning. I’m having a hard time dealing with his death so I will not give details , just that he passed in my arms, his body just couldn’t deal with many things he had. Lucas had an autoimmune disease, developed diabetes and had other problems.
I just feel a void, living without him is sooo hard.

i want to say, Lucas, my baby, my boy, you were my world and I will always love you, You gave me 11 years of unconditional love. Life was a little hard but I would do it all over again my baby, you where one of the best things that happened to me. I love you forever my baby, I miss you so much I can’t even breathe.....

Antonio65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Your words are full of pain and cut like blades. You truly loved your Lucas and he loved you as much.
He knows that you did everything for him and knows that you'd do it over again. I perfectly understand what you mean because I gave all myself for my sweet Lola and I'd do the same 100 times.

Lucas will be with you always, he'll be by your side even when you won't see him, and he'll guide you through your life until you'll meet again.

RIP Lucas, you are a star in the sky now, shine on your Mom.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You said it all when you said "You gave me 11 years of unconditional love". I hope you can concentrate on those precious memories and not the last ones. I know how hard this is, it seems to consume you, overwhelm you, and make everything else, even living, seem unimportant and trivial. We get so immersed in those last days of caring for them and worrying, when they leave it is as if a giant hole in our lives opens up and swallows us with it's nothingness.The hole it tears out of our heart and soul seems unhealable and the grief unending, it takes time to adjust to a new life order, and to make that new life for ourselves that does not have them in it. I know you feel adrift right now, the routines you were so immersed in, the worrying, the endless rounds of vets and medications and treatments that in the end do not change the horrifying outcome. The emptiness you feel and accept as neverending. Be gentle on yourself, that little boy would never want you to be so grief stricken for overlong, how do I know? Because he loved you and you loved him back. I know that if you were the first to go you would want him to live again, not die with you. Don't let his death be more important than his life. Having that little boy in your life was meant to be, his love was one of the most important things in it. His love made life worth living. Be thankful you knew him, you loved him, and you experienced his love for you.To have never have had him in your life at all would have been unthinkable. Together you formed a bond, link by link, over the years and through your experiences, it can never be taken from you. Not even by death. His physical presence will be dearly missed, but the 'essence' of Lucas, what made him what he was, and the love you had together is spiritual, so eternal, and will never die.He will always be near, his new path will always parallel your own because his love is a part of you, he is tied to your very soul.
You gave him what he desired the most in this life, your love and a wonderful home to share with him. He left this life in the arms of the one he loved above all else, he felt your love and that is all he needed and will forever hold in his heart. He is at peace.....Take care, know we are here for you, it helps to have people surround you that know and understand what grief is, and are willing to share it's burden.......RIP precious Lucas. You will never be forgotten and you will be forever held in a loving heart. May the good Lord bless and keep you, until you meet again! Good night, sleep tight, little warrior!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

momto4kitties

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I Can’t thank you enough, all three of you for your beautiful words. Thank you so much for understanding how I feel, people around me don’t seem to undeerstand what he meant to me. He was the reason I got up in the morning and he was the sunshine of my life. I will make an effort to concentrate on the good happy times I had with him, because right now all I have inside me is pain.I know in time my heart will heal, but right now the pain is too strong.
Thank you all for your support
Tammy

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
Your post brought tears to my eyes. What a lovely tribute to a beloved companion. I'm so very sorry. :hugs: RIP, sweet boy. :rbheart:

kc1_cat1

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
So sorry to hear about Lucas. He is always with you in your heart. You will see him again on the other side. Our fur buddies are a part of our lives/families.

les26

Sylvester's daddy
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so so sorry that you lost your little friend, I know how it tears you apart, you too feel as if you will die and don't care if you do, but somehow with time and love and prayers we heal up a bit more each day and move on. He is fine now, not hurting, no more pain, just fine, it is you who is hurting and understandably so, but it does get somewhat better as time goes on.

"Their last breath on Earth is their first breath in Heaven" :rbheart:

I hope that your heart heals a bit more each day, Lord Bless you....:alright: :grouphug: :rbheart:

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Rest you gentle, Lucas, dream you deep. You walk in your mama's heart forever.

11 years of love and joy, even with the worry. My Darlin', with all of Lucas' health problems, his age is a testament to the love that the two of you shared. Your love and care for him gave him the best life possible, and his love for you made him determined to stay with you far past what many would have expected. That love is with you still, and will be forever.

duckpond

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry for your loss of Lucas! Sending you peaceful thoughts and wishes.

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Oh, Tammy, I am so very sorry to be reading this. I know how much you loved Lucas, how very much he meant to you and how heartbroken you must be. Nothing anyone can say will take away the pain, but in time, you will begin to remember him with happiness rather than sadness. You will remember all the wonderful times you had together. I know it doesn't seem like it now, but it is true. Believe me, I've been there, as I'm guessing everyone who has posted here has been. It may not be tomorrow, or next week, or even next month, but it will happen in time :hugs:.

Run free at the bridge, sweet :rbheart: Lucas :rbheart:

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Tammy, I just responded to you PM but wanted to post here for you too.

I am so, so sorry. I know the struggles you went through with Lucas. Always looking for answers, & never giving up, because that's what a good meowmy does! Lucas was your baby, so I understand the pain. I would do it all over again for Angel too. When you love them unconditionally there's no other way. How could we not? They gave us unconditional love everyday. I know that Lucas knew you were always doing your best to help him.
The pictures are beautiful. I don't think I'd ever seen a picture of him as a kitten.
I was crying all over again.
Know that you have the love and support of all of your friends here. A lot of us were on those many journeys you went through with Lucas. We are also here for you now. Lucas was a special boy. He will be in your heart forever, and walking beside you in spirit. I like to think that all of our cat site babies that have crossed the bridge, all know each other up there, and are all playing together. :angel::angel3: :rbheart:

It's never easy to go through loosing a fur baby we loved so immensely, Take the time you need to heal, and allow the love of your other kitties to help you along the way.
I wish I was there to give you a big tight hug!! Sending lots of them to you!!!! :hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:
You will be in my prayers my friend.

:rbheart: R.I.P Sweet Lucas, we love you too little boy! :rbheart:

Loving Mickey

Mickey , my heart and soul Angel kitty
Top Cat
Purraise
Your post brought tears to my eyes. I remember you and Lucas very well. I , along with many others here followed your journey with your beloved Lucas. I am truly sorry that journey has come to an end . I know all too well the pain your heart is feeling at this very moment. I wish with all my heart I could take that pain away. I truly do!
Always remember , that you did everything possible to help Lucas. You loved him so , just as he loved you. That love will continue forever. The bond you two shared can never go away. I only hope that one day you can think of your sweet Lucas with more smiles than tears. I am sure that day will come , just not today or maybe not even tomorrow but one day. I am so truly sorry for your loss.
Just know that Lucas is up in Heaven , happy and healthy , playing with all the cat site kitties that have passed before him. He sure misses you so very much , but he know he will see you again someday.
RIP Sweet Lucas!
You are so very loved and so very missed by many , even ones you have never met!

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Tammy, I'm so sorry you lost Lucas and know you did everything in your power to help him. :hugs: RIP, sweet Lucas, you were loved so much.

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
We've followed Lucas's life for a long time.. I feel like I knew him.
I know how hearbroken you must be, Tammy. But what a wonderful life you gave him.. he couldn't have been more loved.
:rbheart::rbheart: RIP beautiful boy :rbheart::rbheart:

twotabbies

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
View attachment 223290 Hello everyone, many people here know my Lucas and most of you know the struggles I had to keep him healthy because he had many conditions. Well my baby left me on February 22,2018 in the morning. I’m having a hard time dealing with his death so I will not give details , just that he passed in my arms, his body just couldn’t deal with many things he had. Lucas had an autoimmune disease, developed diabetes and had other problems.

i want to say, Lucas, my baby, my boy, you were my world and I will always love you, You gave me 11 years of unconditional love. Life was a little hard but I would do it all over again my baby, you where one of the best things that happened to me. I love you forever my baby, I miss you so much I can’t even breathe.....
I am so sorry for your loss of dear Lucas. I lost a baby boy kitty at around the same age and it was heartbreaking. I'm getting near that point with my baby girl kitty who has HCM. Please be at peace knowing you were there with him when he passed, and that cats aren't afraid of death like we are. May your memories provide comfort to you during this sad time. *hugs* <3

cassiopea

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I absolutely adore the collection of pics! Thank you so much for sharing with us. You clearly were a remarkable pet owner to stand by him and love him during all his health difficulties.

Huge condolences for your loss :hugs::hearthrob: Wish you nothing but love and comfort during this difficult time.

R.I.P Dear Lucas, you beautiful kitty!

:grouphug:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

momto4kitties

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you all so much! Your words of support mean the world to my broken heart. I miss him and cry for him everyday❤❤

Tabbytastic

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
View attachment 223290 Hello everyone, many people here know my Lucas and most of you know the struggles I had to keep him healthy because he had many conditions. Well my baby left me on February 22,2018 in the morning. I’m having a hard time dealing with his death so I will not give details , just that he passed in my arms, his body just couldn’t deal with many things he had. Lucas had an autoimmune disease, developed diabetes and had other problems.

I’m so so sorry for the loss of your beautiful boy Lucas. I am thinking of you and I hope the pain will become less in time xxxx