My baby just crossed…. Hercules 3.3.22

Hercules - RIP 3.2.22

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I wasn’t ready for this…. It just happened so suddenly and I am in shock. Saddle thrombus decided to take my boy from me yesterday without any warning or signs prior(at-least to my knowledge). He was laying with me all day which is not unusual and then after I fed them, my daughter realized something was wrong with him as he had lost all motor functions in his back legs. It was almost like he was paralyzed and was in immense pain every time I tried to move him. Immediately brought him to the vet and within minutes they knew exactly what is was…A blood clot caused the blockage to his back legs and was immediately suffering from pulmonary adema. I held him as he move on from this world to the next. I am devastated and don’t know what to do with myself. I keep asking myself if I could of done something different to change this path he was on. He just turned 12 and I had not prepared myself for losing him yet. He was the most loving cat I’ve ever owned and was ALWAYS around me no matter where I went. Hercules is the tabby below cuddling the gray cat (Elvis). He was a cat that when I would walk my dog, would follow us around the block and walk with us rubbing me every few feet to know he was there. My heart is broken. I just wanted to share my story as my emotions are overflowing at the moment and want him to be remembered. RIP buddy- you gave me the best 12 years any owner could ask for. Hercules 6-2-2010 to 3-2-2022- I love you and RIP
60622A62-1F17-4D00-983A-483D97129EFC.jpeg

CakesCats

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I’m so sorry. They give us so much joy, yet break our hearts into a million pieces when they go, but they are worth the grief. I’m sure your boy was loved beyond measure and he knew this. My thoughts are with you. I hope time helps heal you of the pain you are feeling now 💕.

Tik cat's mum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so sorry for your loss. What a beautiful loyal boy Hercules was. Unfortunately grief is full of ifs and buts. But somtimes nothing we do can change the path, I think this is one of those times. So please don't beat yourself up. Your boy knows what he meant and how loved he was. He wouldn't want you thinking if only I'd done this or that. I'm sure he would want you to remember all the wonderful times you had with him. RIP Hercules you'll be in good company at the bridge. :rbheart:

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Rest you gentle, Hercules, dream you deep. You walk in someone's heart forever.

No, no, and no. There is nothing that you did wrong, nothing that you left undone, that could have changed this thing. It just...is. A hateful, horrible "is." Hercules lived, breathed and had his being in your love. It surrounded his life, and comforted his death. And now, from That Place Where All Things Are Know, Hercules blesses you for that love, and sends his own, now translated and purified into Love, back to walk with you down through all of your days. Because Love abides. Always, forever, Love abides.

CindyH66

Peanuts Mom
Adult Cat
Purraise
I am so very sorry for you loss ! what a beautiful boy !! I want to assure you there is absolutely nothing you could have done differently to change the outcome in that situation. I lost my baby ,Bella , who I had for 14 yrs.. an all white angel (we adopted peanut.. the little tabby in my pic , here, after her passing) .. and my brother lost his baby, angel 1 yr. earlier to saddle thrombus as well !! Bella was 14; Angel was only 8 . ( a tiny little tuxedo girl) my kitty was overweight with a host of health issues and at the vet often; in fact had been seen by them only a few weeks before her passing ! angel was healthy and rarely there. The vet told me this : Saddle thrombus is a cat owners worse nightmare : it strikes without warning; its very painful for them, and 99% of time fatal . ( sometimes they attempt to save them with surgery, blood thinners, etc.. but the kitties often die within a few days anyway from another one ) .. it is usually caused by an underlying condition that is unknown, even though the kitty seems fine ; since that problem is still going to be there .. euthanasia is the best option most times. My vet gave Bella a shot to just knock her out (but she was alive ..like they give them before surgery) so she was asleep, but not suffering ; we had time to discuss this at length. since her clot only paralyzed one leg , the talk of amputating one leg and taking a crack at hoping she would pull through came up ... but I eased her passing over the rainbow bridge all the same . she had been through enough in this life . My heart goes out to you. I know how shocking and heartbreaking this is. Do not doubt for ONE second you could have done anything different. I am sure they feel our love for them as pass into eternity :alright: :redheartpump:

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know it has been said, but please don't beat yourself up over something you have no control over. There is absolutely no way you could have predicted/prevented something like this, just as humans still have strokes, tragically it happens.......
After so many years there is a very strong bond of love that ties your souls together. The 'essence' that Hercules was will always parallel your life's journey and will always surround you. He is a part of your very soul and will always be as close as your thoughts and prayers. Try not to dwell on his end, it only brings unanswerable questions and pain. Instead, concentrate on all those years of happiness he gave you, there is SO much more there.
He was in your life for a reason, to have never shared your life with him is unthinkable. so treasure what he gave you and know he is at peace because he has your unending love. Go forward into the future and live it as you would have wanted for Hercules if you were the first to go. He does not want you to be in such pain because of him. Love is selfless and wanting the best for the other.
There is no way to prepare your heart for the death of a loved one. The final act itself is always a blow to an already broken heart. It takes a long time to mend that broken heart, and it will always leave a scar. Remember though that his love is secure in your soul, and any new love will help it grow ever stronger. It resides next to, never replacing, but adding on to what is already there. He left you a wonderful legacy of love. A legacy that lives on thru you now.
My heart breaks for your pain. I will pray for you all to find peace. Please just get through the next day and the next, time helps to soften the sharp edges of grief. somehow the world goes on when ours has stopped. Bless you for loving that sweet boy so much, you found a treasure here on earth in him......RIP sweet Hercules. You will be dearly missed. You will forever have secure places in loving hearts. May the good Lord bless and keep you, until you meet again!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Hercules - RIP 3.2.22

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you all for the replies - It helps soothes and ease the pain a bit. I know my boy is in a better place and I have solace in that but I sure do miss him. It’s hard to not see his little face next to me all day or laying on me. As sad as I’m to say this, working from home the last 2 years due to this horrible pandemic of COVID, let me spend more time every day with him. It wasn’t under the greatest of circumstance but I am thankful for that and find some peace that I was able to spend all this time with him. He was such a beautiful loving soul and I will cherish every moment I had with him. Thank you all and god bless.

Ricky

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
My sincere sympathies and deepest regrets go out to you on the loss of Hercules. It sounds like he was an extraordinary and affectionate cat that spent 12 glorious years with you. :hugs: Treasure those memories and keep a special place for him in your heart forever. :angel:

Margot Lane

Kitten at heart, not a Top Cat
Top Cat
Purraise
Know exactly what you mean about bonding w/ your kitty during COVID…a very spiritual and intimate thing indeed. Know you will always carry Hercules near your heart, and keep the good memories imprinted upon you. You did nothing wrong. At least you had that moment of holding him. I’m sorry I don’t know, but is Elvis still with you? I am sure Hercules would want you to push all that positive love onto his cuddle buddy right now. All we can do is appreciate the moments in the time we have with them, be in the Now, and it sounds as if you did that in spades. :alright:

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
I'm so sorry about Hercules! I lost a kitty to saddle thrombus. I know what you mean about it being so shocking--very sudden and there was nothing that could be done. My heart goes out to you.

Rest in peace, little Hercules. :rbheart:

Lemon's Mama

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
This is one of the hardest things we as pet parents deal with. I think no matter what we will always doubt ourselves and have some guilt but really we have no control sometimes when it comes to a sudden death. Please know you gave your boy the best by loving and spoiling him. Sending you love and a big gentle hug.