My baby died suddenly yesterday

Harry6

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Dear Ezwriter,
My heart goes out to you and Shuggie. What happened to Jellybean sounds very tragic. And your description of the Fedex driver's behavior is mind boggling. Some people seem to be a whole other reality when it comes to things like compassion and empathy especially as it relates to animals.

From your description, it sounds like Jellybean was outside unsupervised for only a few minutes, and that you then found him in distress on his side, pupils dilated. Though you didn't describe any visible signs of it, your description makes me think of physical trauma, like i.e. being struck by a vehicle, or anything that might severe internal bleeding. I would guess that commonly available poisons would be be much slower acting then your description.

In any case, I am very sad for your loss...

donutte

Professional cat sitter extraordinaire!
Top Cat
Purraise
Congenital heart disease comes to mind. It can happen to many species (it happened to my brother-in-law). They don't even know they are sick because so often, the first symptom is actually death. If that was the case the only consolation is really knowing that there was nothing you could have done.

And my condolences on your loss. It's always hard but when it's sudden like that, it just seems so much worse.

Krienze

Officially a cat lady now. No regrets.
Super Cat
Purraise
I'm just so sad, and I feel so guilty that I couldn't help him. He needed me to save him, in his last moments he came back to the door and called for me to save him, and I couldn't save him. I tried, but I failed.
You didn't fail him. You tried. You loved him, you did your best. That's all you can do and he knew that, I am sure! I know how easy it is to feel guilty, but I'll say it again -- you did not fail him.

I am SO glad you complained to fedex. That infuriates me. I cried reading your post. I can't believe some people.

He was born under my bed, and yesterday he died in my arms only 6 years later. Yesterday I had 5 cats, and today I only have 4.
What you said right here... It hit me hard. I lost my cat suddenly early in febuary, and I remember feeling this same way "I had three... and now there are two." and it felt so wrong. I still struggle with feeling like she should be here still. My heart goes out to you, I'm so sorry. I know this is hard and I really wish I had better words on comfort. =(

You gave him 6 wonderful years and just watching your video that you posted, I could see how much he was loved!