My baby Bella died suddenly on Wednesday, Aug. 28th.

catconcern

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise

Hi, I understand your grief , remember I lost my baby a week before when she was knocked down and killed by a car, I miss her so much and still miss her ever though I have got two other cats now , people thought I was wrong getting them the day after Ebony was killed, but I couldn't bare the silence in my house and just felt in my heart to give another kitten a home and I ended up getting two, some people are over the moon and thing giving two other babies a loving home is a wonderful thing to do. I feel its right and I know that it has helped me move on from the grief as it gave something to focus on I had to feed them take them for health checks as they were really ill with cat flu and it took six weeks to get them better , they have brought me so much joy and love I cannot describe it. I have to admit it was hard to do when I got them but it really is the best thing I did as far as helping with the grief is concerned.

It is up to you if you get another cat and only you can make that choice, but from a personal experience I can honestly say it has been the best thing for me and I really loved my baby so much she was here with from six weeks old and I still love her so much , but I know she would have wanted me to get another kitten to love and care for and give a happy home to .

God Bless x
I understand exactly why you got the new kittens. I did the same thing. I needed something to focus on also, I had to have that positive energy around me and it helped with the grief heaps, and not having the house so empty. I got them I think exactly 6 weeks after my baby passed away { I still don't think of him being really dead } the day I got them, before that, I was an absolute mess. The path I was on wasn't good, with them I have a reason. I didn't think I'd get another cat after my baby boy was gone, but sometimes we need positive things like them in our life to move on and fill our hearts with joy.

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

jlc20m

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise

I understand exactly why you got the new kittens. I did the same thing. I needed something to focus on also, I had to have that positive energy around me and it helped with the grief heaps, and not having the house so empty. I got them I think exactly 6 weeks after my baby passed away { I still don't think of him being really dead } the day I got them, before that, I was an absolute mess. The path I was on wasn't good, with them I have a reason. I didn't think I'd get another cat after my baby boy was gone, but sometimes we need positive things like them in our life to move on and fill our hearts with joy.
Hi Catconcern,

Yes, I understand this also. This is why I adopted Abby after (this past) Christmas from the SPCA. She in no way replaced Bella. I adopted her on her onw terms...a new precious critter with a different personality and way of being who needed a safe home and lots of love. She helps tremendously with my grief over loosing baby Bella. I love loving her, if you know what I mean. Hugs and blessings your way...

jlc20m

(Abby's and Angel Bella's mom)

jlc20m

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise

Im so sorry for your loss and reading your posts, I am feeling your sadness with you.  Sharing your wonderful memories will help with the healing process.  She was a beautiful girl and from heaven she will be missing you too, but will be so thankful for the time spent on earth with her mummy.

My thoughts and big hugs go out to you during this painful time xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Thank you for reaching out to me and for your wonderful words. I hope wherever my baby is, she knows her mom loves her. Thank you for writing this...it means so much to me. Blessings coming your way and safe hugs too...

jlc20m

jlc20m

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise

These 'anniversaries' are always painful, their birthdays and the date of their deaths will be forever imprinted on our souls. Even though our minds are distracted for a while, and they must be if we are to be fair to our other little ones, it seems we always remember those terrible moments and relive them again and again. There MUST be a day when we can love with a whole heart again, it may take years, but we cannot live the remaining time that is allotted for us by not living, and loving, to the fullest of our potential. It can be a slow, painful process, but we have to try to find true joy again in our lives. We have to take comfort from others, and know we are not alone in our grief. Our loved ones are gone from this life, but we hold them alive and well in our hearts. I know those beautiful babies would never want us to be so sad, they shared our lives and our love for too short a time and we have to try to regain some of the happiness we felt when they were here. I don't have answers but I want you to know I'll be thinking and praying for you and all the countless others who are going through this terrible pain. Take care, and bless you for your suffering because you loved so much. RIP beautiful Bella, you were so loved!
Dear Di and Bob,

Thank you for your wise and timely words. They are all true. I'm trying very hard to move on with my life without Bella being physically with me. This is why I adopted beautiful Abby after Christmas. I needed to love another kitten in a way I couldn't love Bella anymore...by providing for her needs, physically and emotionally. I love Abby so much. She is so different from Bella but just as precious. It took me a long time to find her. Bella left tall booties to fill. I didn't want to replace Bella. She isn't replaceable. Also, it wouldn't be fair to Abby. She is her own little person. I love her for her. She fills my life with happiness as Bella once did. I'm grateful to her for countless reasons. Among many things, she helps me cope with my grief over Bella. It amazes me that despite the terrible pain I feel over my loss of Bella, I have so much more love to give. Loving and loosing Bella has taught me so much about myself. I just wish I didn't have to learn this lesson so soon. Thank you, again...

jlc20m

jlc20m

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
December 25, 2014

My dear and beautiful Bella,

Remembering and missing you today, on Christ's Day! Tears still flow and my heart still aches for you. I know you're in heaven and in peace. May God bless you my baby Bella!

Love,

Mama (jlc20m), grandma and Abby