My baby Bella died suddenly on Wednesday, Aug. 28th.

jlc20m

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I'm sorry, I'm so overwhelmed with shock and grief. But my precious kitten/teenager Bella, died suddenly and tragically last Wednesday (August 28, 2013.) Her doctor tried to save her but couldn't. Please say a prayer for her soul in heaven. I'm in so much pain because of her death. It was so unnecessary. She was so young. She was just 13 months old and was at the vet's exactly two weeks previous for a check-up and her shots. She died in my arms after severe distress. I miss her beauty and loving ways oh so much. I wasn't finished loving her and now she's gone. Please pray for her soul. When I can keep myself together, I'll write more about what happened to her. I'm in too much horrible pain right now. I can't sleep or eat. I feel lost without her. Thank you for reading. Here is Bella as a baby:

jlc20m

2littlerascals

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
so sorry about your baby, i know what your going through i went through the same thing 21st August when my gorgeous Ebony was killed by a driver going to fast , it broke my heart and i too couldn't sleep or eat , but i had a dream of a kitten with fluffy fur and the next day i was lead to an adoption sight for kittens and he was there , he was the exact kitten in my dream, not only did i adopt him but i adopted his sister too. 

They have eased the pain of losing my baby and although they can never replace her they have filled the emptiness in the house and are bringing me so much comfort .

Its a terrible feeling and especially when they are taken from us suddenly .

Your kitten is in heaven no fear of that , God created all the animals and there is a scripture that says. Let everything that has breath praise the Lord, 

Your baby will be with my  3 who are there playing and running and waiting for us .

God Bless and big hugs to you x

linda 55

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I am so sorry to hear this.
She was a beautiful young cat - such unusual colouring. At least you were with her at the end.
The pain is terrible and I am still grieving deeply after 2 months since my beloved Sophie died in my husband's arms aged almost 23 years.
I am thinking of you.......

2littlerascals

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
She was a beautiful young cat - such unusual colouring. At least you were with her at the end.
The pain is terrible and I am still grieving deeply after 2 months since my beloved Sophie died in my husband's arms aged almost 23 years.
23 is wonderful age you were lucky to have your baby for so many years, i know your pain i had a beautiful cat for 18 and half years and i had to have her put to sleep because of kidney failure it broke my heart, i said i would never get another cat but a few days later Ebony who was killed 21st August by a driver speeding needed a home and i adopted her and she was so precious i adored her , i found the best thing for the pain in my case is to get another kitten or cat, there are so many that need adopting and what better tribute to your baby that has passed over ?

love and peace to you x

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jlc20m

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thank you, everyone, who replied to my post. I desperately need the support. Also, I want to acknowledge that Bella lived and was and is loved and cherished with all my being. I brought her ashes home today and made a memorial for her. I put her three most loved toys (a mouse, a porcupine, and a skinneeez squirrel), her collar, and a rose figurine with a beautiful butterfly on the edge (a symbol of my everlasting love) in with her in a crystal covered bowl. I still can't talk about what happened. It was a freak accident that damaged her liver to the point of taking her life. I'm in shock. She was and is my baby. She was taken from me suddenly and I am having a severe time dealing with it. I miss everything about her. Her love and friendship. I miss giving her love. I miss taking care of her. I miss her in every way. Thank you, thank you, for your support. I feel very guilty that i didn't do more to protect her. I worked so hard at giving her a safe home. Our vet was here a few months back to give her medication. He told me today I had a very safe home, that she wasn't living in a bubble or was a stuffed animal. She was just being a teenager and I couldn't watch her every minute of the day. I don't know how I will forgive myself. I don't know how I'm going to stop missing her. The pain I feel is so overwhelming. I feel like I'm going to choke. I have to stifle the need to scream. My heart is breaking. I'm mad at my Higher Power for taking Bella away from me so suddenly and needlessly. That's all I can say right now. Thank you for reading.

Bella's mamma,

jlc20m

jlc20m

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
so sorry about your baby, i know what your going through i went through the same thing 21st August when my gorgeous Ebony was killed by a driver going to fast , it broke my heart and i too couldn't sleep or eat , but i had a dream of a kitten with fluffy fur and the next day i was lead to an adoption sight for kittens and he was there , he was the exact kitten in my dream, not only did i adopt him but i adopted his sister too. 

They have eased the pain of losing my baby and although they can never replace her they have filled the emptiness in the house and are bringing me so much comfort .

Its a terrible feeling and especially when they are taken from us suddenly .

Your kitten is in heaven no fear of that , God created all the animals and there is a scripture that says. Let everything that has breath praise the Lord, 

Your baby will be with my  3 who are there playing and running and waiting for us .

God Bless and big hugs to you x
All I can say is thank you. Your kinds words are of great comfort. I'm so sorry for your loss. I understand about the eart break and ache, not eating or sleeping. I'm very sorry...

jlc20m

jlc20m

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Bella was a muted calico. The pictures don't do her colouring justice as they were taken with a phone camera. Yes, she was beautiful inside and out. There is a huge hole in my life now. I don't know what to do...

jlc20m

Last edited:

stealthkitty

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
jlc20m:

I'm so, so sorry. I wish I could turn back the clock for you so you could have a happier outcome.
There are some scriptures that have helped me to get through a few heartbreaks; if you'd like, feel free to PM me and I'll pass them along to you.

I am truly sorry about your beautiful Bella. I hope that you will find consolation sooner than you expect.

2littlerascals

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I do truly know how you feel, and i understand the guilt your feeling as i feel it also but we cannot beat ourselves up with guilt it isn't healthy , 25 years ago i had two kittens which i reared from almost birth , they were brother and sister , one i called Biggles the girl i called Lolipop, i kept them inside and gave them a secure home to live . One morning i got up to find that Biggles had somehow got out and a car knocked him over i don't know if he died instantly or within a few minutes but it broke my heart and i felt so guilty for letting him down i couldn't cope with the that. But his sister was still here and i also had a toddler to take car of and i had to carry on with life and as hard as it sounds life goes on and we have to go along with it. Lolipop lived until she was nearly 19 and i spent everyday with her , years later my son had a girlfriend who found a stray kitten which had a contagious disease and she passed it onto my beautiful Lolipop she had to be put to sleep within a few months, i broke my heart a second time and too felt guilty as was unable at that time to even think about being with her when she went to sleep i didn't know what to expect i was scared of seeing her suffer , i made her a little pink trinket box engraved with her name and DOB and death, i couldn't afford to pay for the ashes so i found one of her whiskers and some fur and put them in the arms of a crystal angel . That was 7 years ago , then 21st August my gorgeous Ebony was taken from me , it wasn't a case of keeping Ebony in she just wanted to be out and although our road is really quiet just a freak driving fast and not looking took her life way too early , she is buried in a friends garden as i my garden doesn't have grass and she loved playing with my neighbours cats in their garden so its a wonderful place for her to rest with her friends. I found some of her fur and put it in with Lolipop they are now together with Biggles , so i really understand your grief and guilt . It gets easier with time .

bless you xx

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am sorry for your loss of Bella. It is always hard to lose them. I think it is worse when it comes as a total shock. I understand because I lose my soul mate cat, Max like that. He was a beautiful black and white 12 year old tuxedo cat and he owned my heart. I can still feel how velvety his fur was. On Thursday he got sick. On Monday he was gone. Something happened to him that caused his kidneys to fail. I beat myself up for a long time. Now I realize that whatever happened to him was nobody's fault. Things happen. That was in 2005. I miss him just as much today as I did then. One thing that helped me with the healing process is I wrote his life story. I made three copies, one for me, one for his previous owner and one for his vet. They knew Max was more than just a cat. The writing it all down was a release for me. Today I am so glad I did that because there are things I wrote about him that I had forgotten. You might try writing his story. Try to stop blaming yourself and the higher power you spoke of. It is very evident how much you loved Bella and you did all you could do to take care of her and love her. Rest in the knowledge that she knew she was a loved cat. Try to focus on the fact that you provided some wonderful years of life for her. And please accept all the love and support you will find here with those who know and understand your suffering, Most of us have been there .

jlc20m

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
***spoiler-- writing of medical symptoms***

Thank you, everyone, for your love and support as I deal with the sudden death of my baby, Bella.Thank you for sharing your stories of love and loss. I'm so very sorry for the losses of your beloved pets. I understand the shock. Bella was still well on Monday (August 26th) and by Tuesday was refusing food/water and by Wednesday afternoon she was gone. I feel comforted by everyone's kind words. Please know they warm my heart. But I'm heart-broken by Bella's death. Exactly two weeks previous she was at the doctor's for a check-up and all her shots. She died of acute liver failure. Somehow -and I don't know how because I didn't witness anything out of the ordinary- she hit her side after jumping or landed hard enough to severely damage her liver. Her blood work was all normal except blood sugar that was high due to severe stress, her urinalysis was normal, there was no pancreatitis or blockage due to ingesting an object (the doctor did an autopsy). The enzymes that increase because of trauma to the liver were four times normal. An accident took the life of my precious girl. She just celebrated her first birthday. What breaks me me up is I brought her home last September 2nd from the SPCA after adopting her. I brought her home yesterday exactly one year later in an urn. Life is so cruel and unfair. She was such a wonderful girl! The morning before she died she still used her litter box for one last time even though she was so sick although I didn't know it. The doctor, too, thought she was suffering from pancreatitis until she began to violently cough up blood and have severe trouble breathing. She didn't deserve to loose her life and suffer the way she did. Her death was unncessary and senseless. This is what I'm having a severe time accepting. I'm struggling with so much guilt. Before she came home from the SPCA I kitten-proofed my apartment the best I could. I tried so hard to protect her. I somehow think it's my fault, that I missed something. I'm trying very hard to learn to live without her. I miss loving and taking care of her. I miss her love and companionship. She was my baby. She slept on me every night for the first six weeks or so after coming home with me and then still periodically up to her death. I'm trying hard to let go. I need more time because this was sudden and totally unexpected. The day before she died I bought her an entire case of food. I'm in shock that Bella lost her life the way she did. I'm sorry for rambling. I just need to share what happened to her and that she was cherished and loved. Thank you, thank you, everyone, for your love. Please know your love does comfort me. I'm just not ready to accept her not being here yet. Please, let me share just two more photos of the precious little being that shared my life with me for almost a year:

(Bella, about three months old)

(Bella, 7-8 months old)

Thank you for everything. That's all I can say. Thank you...

jlc20m

Last edited:

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
What a beautiful girl she was, with her one light front paw and one dark one. It sounds like she was the victim of a freak accident that you couldn't have foreseen. Some cats have a real talent for getting themselves into trouble that all the cat-proofing in the world can't prevent.

stealthkitty

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
She is so gorgeous. Bella is a fitting name for your baby.

It's true that her unfortunate accident and passing were unnecessary and senseless, as all accidental deaths are, but please remember that that's not the same thing as preventable. Cats need to climb and jump and be daredevils, so the only way to keep them 100% safe from harm would be to make them miserable by keeping them in a box. You did your very best to keep her safe and happy and loved, and even though a year seems short, in that year you gave her a happy life and she knew it and loved you for it. If it hadn't been for you bringing her into your home and heart, she might not have had all of the love and happiness you were able to give her.

cassiopea

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She was lovely! My sincere condolences for your loss - it's alright if you need to ramble, we won't judge or complain otherwise!  We all know how mourning can be

marshmallow2013

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry for your loss.  Bella was adorable.   Thank you for sharing her beautiful  pictures.  She is an angel now and forever close to you. 

Blessings for her soul.

jlc20m

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I so very much appreciate all your support as I cope with my Bella's sudden death. Please, may I share just a little bit more? It helps me work through the guilt, remorse, and shock I'm feeling. I continue to have trouble eating and sleeping. I wake up crying. I know this sounds totally silly, but I sleep with one of her toys that she loved to play with so that I feel close to her. I don't have talent with words, but the following is a tribute to my Bella and my love for her:

To Bella

Bella, my precious baby girl, I loved and wanted you in my life from the very first time I seen your picture at the age of 8 weeks old on the BC SPCA website. You were part of my life just under one year when you were taken away suddenly and tragically. But each and every day of that brief time abounded with the special gift that was and is you. Your beauty took my breath away. Your adorable cuteness made my heart smile. Your kitten and teenage antics brought me laughter and joy. Your cleverness made me amazed and proud. Your friendship and companionship made my life easier to bare during hard times. Taking care of you in all the ways you needed taken care of brought me happiness. But the most important gift of all was the love that you brought into my life. Through your loving ways I learnt that I was and am lovable: when you squeezed my fingers with your paws and kissed my nose with yours as I brushed you; when you wrapped your paws around my head to draw me closer to you as I kissed your tummy; when you jumped up on our bathroom countertop and gave me head rubs and kisses as I brushed my teeth in the morning and evening; when you played on and around my feet when I was getting ready for bed at night; when you slept by my side or feet as I was studying; when you greeted me at the door when I came home after a long work day; when you slept on my tummy at night. These are just a few of many loving memories. You were an angel in life and you're an angel in spirit. I hope you know how wanted, cherished, and loved you were and are still. I hope you know how very, very sorry I am for the way you suffered and lost your life. I wish every minute of every day I could turn the clock back so to have you by my side once more. You will always live in my heart. You are and will always be missed. May God bless and keep you in His loving care. Rest in peace my squirt, my sweetie pie, my baby, my Bella.

Love, mama (on the first week anniversary of Bella's death)

jlc20m

jlc20m

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Oh my goodness, what a precious angel Bella is

I'm so sorry for your loss.  It sounds like you had a very close bond together

Have fun at the bridge baby girl
Thank you. Your words have made me cry tears of joy. Yes, our bond was very strong. Thank you...

jlc20m

Last edited: