My babies 3rd eye showing

3kittylove

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My lil 4 yr old burmese kitty has had a stressfull few months. In oct we moved. He went from forcefully being loved by everyone and playing to hiding, he didnt like the dog That moved in with us Max. Then a orange kitten adopted us. I didnt mean to keep it, but after caring for its worms, abcess and saving its life and it loving maxwell..it was ours. The orange kitty its very fiesty and wants to play, but merlin is an easy target.  They play together, but at night they fight over who gets to sleep with me. My older cat Flex, a brown tabby, has had issues with urinary infections, so i got tubs to put all the different foods in. Gryffindor found that trying to open them while i was sleeping was his new favorite activity, and so I moved the food to the pantry in the great room. This has been a good social move for merlin because hes dieting (gained weight eating the kitten food and hiding) so he has to be around the dog to eat. Now he doesnt hide all day and sun baths. Hes doing 80% better. he just need to be more playful again. Now, the day I noticed Flex was peeing blood I noticed merlins 3 eye showing. Its been 3 days and still is. Hes eating, sleeping, using bathroom, playing, trys to go outside, sun baths, no mucus in eyes. Just that third eye. The vet has no openings till friday. Any help?! Here is a picture of his eyes...and one of him and gryffindor and one of gryffindor and flex..just cuz. lol

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That eyelid usually means there is an illness, call your vet and see if you can start him on L-lysine which helps the herpes virus that causes illnesses in cats.You should find it in any pet store or on Amazon. I get mine there as treats. I would bring them both in to get checked out to make sure there are no infections, etc. going on, they should just charge you with one office call that way, anyway mine does and I bring 4 in!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

3kittylove

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I made a vet apt for merlin. I took Flex in friday. I didnt know you could bring both in at the same time. I did tell them about the other cat, he didnt have a respitory infection or anything...just bladder issues. but hes doing better. Hes not peeing everywhere with blood. Hes clear!! He got off his urinary food when the kitten arrived because he wouldnt eat his food, only the kitten. I think it messed him up and gave him a bladder infection. I am just glad hes doing good. Gryffindor seems fine. He  aught a mole yesterday brought it to me and ate his head off..soo hahaha 

3kittylove

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I did buy some lyseine treats on amazon for merlin tho

howmany

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Some times the thrid eyelid is worms if there is not alot of weeping? Redness ?It might not be herpesvirus.

3kittylove

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
its weird no redness no tearing eyes. I just hope he feels better soon.