My Adult Cat Attacks Her Own Daughter

wickedcube

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My Cat Jhett-Li is 2.5 years old, shes been spayed UTD on her shots. The past two months I noticed that when her daughter from the 2nd litter tries to walk pass by her or be happen to sitting still, Jhett-Li walks by, claws and growls at her. I do not know why she is behaving in this way and last night Jhett was laying on the couch and Tiny-Tiny(the daughter) jumped onto the couch and did not know big-moma(Jhetts nickname) was laying there and Tiny-Tiny wanted to lay with me and Jhett jumped up and attacked poor little TIny-Tiny, she layed down with her head twisted sideways and Jhett had her paw on top of her head. I became upset at Jhett and scolded at her for her behaviour. She knows that Tiny-Tiny is her own kitten but why would she attack her? Tiny-Tiny keeps her distance most of the time and as for Salem hes our newest member of our family he tends to walk behind Jhett and tries to play with her. I thought getting your Furbaby spayed calms them down or is this just a rumor? Need to know something.