My adolescent cat

datagrrl

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I got my cat spayed at 12 weeks, she is not about four months old.

Every morning after breakfast she attacks us. I know it is play aggression. I usually try and throw her Kickapoo towards her if it is within reach.

She actually doesn't hurt us, but I don't want her to think it is acceptable.

Another cat isn't an option. Sometimes we play with her, but most of the time we are all trying to get out of the house on time,

I think committing to play with her might help. We use a Feliway diffuser, which I noticed was empty today.

This is her thinking about the attack.

peaches08

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hmmm...after meal zoomies?  When they run around all crazy?  Yeah, mine didn't grow out of that, but they learned that the claws need to be retracted on me.  I let out a yell or "OUCH" and they got the message.  I think you're doing the right things.  She's just young!

thesighrye

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I would definitely try and make the effort to play with her more, which you seem to be aware of! 

Kitties, especially that young, have TONS of energy to burn. It's very helpful to get out a wand toy and flick it around and make them jump and run and go in circles and every which way....I bring Bellatrix all around the house until I see the "plop," which is when she will literally...plop! On her side and slightly out of breath...that means "Oh, I'm tired meow."

Try and figure out a good time for you and commit to it! I try to do it in the evening after she's fed.