My 6 Month Old Kitten Has Been Missing For 2 Days.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Dheeksha

Black Cats are full of love ❤️
Alpha Cat
Purraise
A lady called me and told that she has seen a brown kitten. She stopped the kitten by giving her milk. I went there but she's not honey. Feeling very upset.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I know how that made your heart ache, but the next call may be her. Two weeks seems like forever when you are waiting and fearing and hoping, but it isn't all that long in the world of missing cats.

Dheeksha

Alpha Cat
Purraise
I know how that made your heart ache, but the next call may be her. Two weeks seems like forever when you are waiting and fearing and hoping, but it isn't all that long in the world of missing cats.
Hopefully your good words become true and I find my honey soon.

zed xyzed

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I lost my little Murray last Oct. I posted on Helping Lost Pets, I put a flyer in mailboxes around a 2 block radius, set up trail camera by the food and water I left out and set up 4 live traps. It took 2 months but I was able to catch him. Don't give up on her. If you want any advice or want to discuss options / ideas, I am happy to share my learnings with you. I hope you get her back soon

zed xyzed

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm afraid now that she might have jumped into a moving van or something. If that had happened I can never find her, right? What's the possibility of anything like this happened to her? What should I do?
I'm really sorry if I'm annoying you all with my comments. I'm very depressed right now. I'm not able to cope up with her missing.
It is most likely that she is near by and scared. The best time to look for her is in the evening or early morning.

Dheeksha

Alpha Cat
Purraise
I lost my little Murray last Oct. I posted on Helping Lost Pets, I put a flyer in mailboxes around a 2 block radius, set up trail camera by the food and water I left out and set up 4 live traps. It took 2 months but I was able to catch him. Don't give up on her. If you want any advice or want to discuss options / ideas, I am happy to share my learnings with you. I hope you get her back soon
Thank you for your kind words. I'm glad you found your cat.
I gave my number to atleast hundred people by now. Many of them are very generous to help me in finding honey. But the problem is there are many stray cats at my place. It's becoming difficult for people to differentiate between honey and other cats.

Last edited:

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Hi Dheeksha Dheeksha I'm so sorry that you are going through this. I know how heart breaking it is to lose a cat.

Please don't give up. Some of my cats were gone for 4 or 6 weeks. I live in a very cold area, there was deep snow and below zero weather when one of my girls was missing, but she survived.

It's actually a good thing that there are a lot of cats in your neighbourhood. That show's that it's a cat friendly place and there are no predators that attack cats. If Honey has gone to look for a mate she will be where the other cats gather.

Is there a place where the local stray cats can get food? Maybe a street market or the back street where restaurants leave their garbage every day? Any rivers or parks nearby? What about temples where people leave food as an offering to the gods? Animals are often attracted to these areas. I suggest you look for Honey in these kind of places.

Good luck, I hope you find her soon.

:goodluck::hangin:

Dheeksha

Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hi Dheeksha Dheeksha I'm so sorry that you are going through this. I know how heart breaking it is to lose a cat.

Please don't give up. Some of my cats were gone for 4 or 6 weeks. I live in a very cold area, there was deep snow and below zero weather when one of my girls was missing, but she survived.

It's actually a good thing that there are a lot of cats in your neighbourhood. That show's that it's a cat friendly place and there are no predators that attack cats. If Honey has gone to look for a mate she will be where the other cats gather.

Is there a place where the local stray cats can get food? Maybe a street market or the back street where restaurants leave their garbage every day? Any rivers or parks nearby? What about temples where people leave food as an offering to the gods? Animals are often attracted to these areas. I suggest you look for Honey in these kind of places.

Good luck, I hope you find her soon.

:goodluck::hangin:
Thanks for giving me hope by sharing your experiences.
Actually there are lots of stray dogs also. These cats are smart enough to escape from them. When she has gone missing... I went to every house in my neighbourhood and enquired that anything had happened to a cat at their house.. Asked all the street cleaners, nearby shops.. Everyone said that nothing had happened to any cat at their place. So I believe she's alive. she was a stray cat before. She knows this place very well. I don't understand why is she not coming to home.
I asked the street vendors... They too haven't seen any kitten. There's a fish market little far from my place. They showed me the place where they dump the waste. They said few cats will come and eat there. I am going to that place every evening. She's not there.
Yesterday I noticed her sister which is a stray mating with a tomcat. If honey has gone to look for a mate. How long will she take to return home? It's been 15 days already.. Can that be the reason? If that was the reason there are 2 to 3 tomcats in my street itself. What's the need for her to go to somewhere else?

Leomc123

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
She probably didnt find those 2 to 3 tom cats charming enough ;), but in saying that she may have gone to mate. It doesn't have to be spring time for a cat to want to mate. Dont give up hope, and dont listen to the people telling you to stop searching, if you feel the need to search for her, do it, there is nothing wrong with looking for your buddy, i would want that if i got lost. Done give up hope, and god is not punishing you , life is just hard and difficult and things happen in life, i even think god was punishing me today when i was thinking of my cats who passed away, dont give up hope, your kitten will come back.

Dheeksha

Alpha Cat
Purraise
She probably didnt find those 2 to 3 tom cats charming enough ;), but in saying that she may have gone to mate. It doesn't have to be spring time for a cat to want to mate. Dont give up hope, and dont listen to the people telling you to stop searching, if you feel the need to search for her, do it, there is nothing wrong with looking for your buddy, i would want that if i got lost. Done give up hope, and god is not punishing you , life is just hard and difficult and things happen in life, i even think god was punishing me today when i was thinking of my cats who passed away, dont give up hope, your kitten will come back.
Thank you for the support. I won't stop searching for her. I wish she comes comes home soon.

Dheeksha

Alpha Cat
Purraise
She has been gone for 20 days today. I can't believe I haven't seen her in so long. I don't know what happened to her. The day before she went missing she pleaded me a lot to open the door but I didn't. I was very afraid to send her outside. I holded her tightly, wrapped her in my arms and told her "I don't want to send you outside honey. I love you so much. I can't take it if anything happens to you." These were exact words. I gave food to her and slept. That was the last time when I saw her. The next day morning my mother gave her food. Afterwards she escaped by tearing the mosquito net. When I woke up she was the first thing on my mind. I searched for her..my mother told me she escaped again. I thought she will return in an hour or two. But she didn't. Now I don't know whether she ever comes to me or not.
My Honey was only 3 weeks old when her mother left her with the other kittens in my backyard. Since then I was taking care of them. Honey was a very special kitten. She walked into my life and gave me so much of affection I could have never dreamed of. She always used to follow me.. rub my feet and used to sneak into my house. She loves me a lot I know that. She sits on my lap and rubs her head on my face and kisses me. I felt so lucky and blessed to have her.
Meanwhile, My neighbours were went mad at me for keeping food to the kittens. I fought with everyone and they hate me. Even though I shut them up I was very worried for the kittens. And finally I decided to bring honey in. My mother was very reluctant to the idea of getting one more cat. I had a big fight with her that day and I pleaded her. Finally she agreed to let her in. Today she wants honey to come home as much as I want. My mother is very upset. She is also searching for her and praying for her return. Honey has everything.. a loving family who would take care of her and do anything for her. But she's out somewhere in this bad world.. She has to escape from the predators and mean kids, beg for food.. This thought is killing me.
My hope is now only in God.

Dheeksha

Alpha Cat
Purraise
Where did you find him? Is it far from your place?

zed xyzed

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I posted on the internet, the person that found him lived over 3 KM away and across a 6 lane busy road. I was certain it wasn't be him, I could never imagine him crossing such a busy road. But thankfully I set up a trap anyway, if there was even the slightest chance I had to try.

Dheeksha

Alpha Cat
Purraise
I posted on the internet, the person that found him lived over 3 KM away and across a 6 lane busy road. I was certain it wasn't be him, I could never imagine him crossing such a busy road. But thankfully I set up a trap anyway, if there was even the slightest chance I had to try.
Thank god you found him and he was safe. You are very lucky. I will expand the seach area. Want to know how far can cats go. I wish I can find Honey and bring her home safe.

Last edited:

Dheeksha

Alpha Cat
Purraise
I have seen a quick glance of Honey. She was in front of my eyes and vanished. This happened 3 times. I'm fearing she might have dead. How should I bear it

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
If you truly think this, the only way to bear it is to remember that she knew love because of you, and that love never dies, it only changes form and continues on, still Love. And Love abides. No matter where her physical body is, her Love is with you forever.