My 6 month old cat won’t eat and gags when he smells food

Champa

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My cat that’s around 6 months old won’t eat and he gags when he smells the food I fed him yesterday in the night and I found it all threw up but not watery and I bought him tuna meowmix and chicken meowmix he wouldn’t even bother to eat and when he smelled both he gagged I tried feeding him some house food he gagged also pls someone respond ASAP

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
IF it is at all possible, get him to a veterinary ER tonight. If not, get him in first thing in the morning. Try getting tiny sips of water down him tonight (if you are on the other side of the world from the USA, you may have vets available now...GO!). But see a vet as soon as possible. Any time a kitten is not eating, and is throwing up, something is wrong, and six months old is still very much a baby. Does this kitten go outside? If so, he may have eaten poison, and every minute counts if this is so.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I agree that this is a dire emergency especially for a kitten. I hope you have taken the above advice and will be able to get him to a vet for the proper medical treatment. In the meantime, should this happen again in the future you may find this Article helpful:
How To Get Your Cat To Start Eating Again – TheCatSite Articles

Please keep us posted on his progress and let us know how he is doing. Best of luck! :crossfingers:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Champa

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Update:
He’s eating a little now but still gags at wet food which he loves he only eats the hard food now and I can’t take him to a vet because I’m underaged I’ll try to convince my mom or dad

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
You may show them this thread, if you would like. We are all adults, with a good bit of experience with cats. And this kitten should see a vet as soon as possible.

Champa

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
You may show them this thread, if you would like. We are all adults, with a good bit of experience with cats. And this kitten should see a vet as soon as possible.
Yea he’s eating some wet food more and getting better but I’m still tryna make my parents take him to the vet but they are to busy with work but he’s eating a lot more which looks good but I can’t say anything since I don’t know much about cats

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
If he is eating better now, things are really looking up for him. Keep us posted.

Champa

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
If he is eating better now, things are really looking up for him. Keep us posted.
Sorry for not updating but he’s eating perfectly and drinking fine, hopefully everything’s fine he hasn’t thrown up since I posted the thread