My 6 month male cat is missing for 5 days

KittyJ

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Are you sure it's him? Black is a common color for cats. I was on another cat forum and there was someone who lost their cat and thought that they saw him creep around the corner of the house and ran away as soon as they opened to door to try and catch him. Later, he was found stuck inside a storage shed. So the cat they saw (it was nighttime) was likely a feel. I hope you find him soon! It's been a little over a month since my little boy has been missing. I miss him so much.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

emanuelaj

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Are you sure it's him? Black is a common color for cats. I was on another cat forum and there was someone who lost their cat and thought that they saw him creep around the corner of the house and ran away as soon as they opened to door to try and catch him. Later, he was found stuck inside a storage shed. So the cat they saw (it was nighttime) was likely a feel. I hope you find him soon! It's been a little over a month since my little boy has been missing. I miss him so much.
That’s the problem...he doesn’t have any distinguishing features.. :( I’ve also mentioned that there’s another black cat in our neighbourhood. We haven’t seen him since we caught him with the live trap. But like you said maybe it’s just a feeling I don’t know. I really don’t want to give up hope, but I’m just getting more and more anxious every day. & Aww bless you!! I hope he finds his way back home to you soon :’(

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
If you do spot him, DO NOT TRY TO APPROACH HIM RIGHT AWAY. Your best bet is to sit down, shake a bag of his favorite treats, and wait for him to approach you. He's been scared, and it won't register with him right away that you are his person. Patience.

KittyJ

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
That’s the problem...he doesn’t have any distinguishing features.. :( I’ve also mentioned that there’s another black cat in our neighbourhood. We haven’t seen him since we caught him with the live trap. But like you said maybe it’s just a feeling I don’t know. I really don’t want to give up hope, but I’m just getting more and more anxious every day. & Aww bless you!! I hope he finds his way back home to you soon :’(
I understand the anxiety. It's so hard not knowing where they are or if they are okay. Just keep in mind that some cats will return home after being gone for six months. Thank you. I do, too. I won't give up hope and neither should you. Both cats will be back soon!

emanuelaj

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
If you do spot him, DO NOT TRY TO APPROACH HIM RIGHT AWAY. Your best bet is to sit down, shake a bag of his favorite treats, and wait for him to approach you. He's been scared, and it won't register with him right away that you are his person. Patience.
No we learnt from the first time we thought we saw him. We spotted him near our fence last night, we didn’t want to make any noise or go out so we called his name and he looked at us. We shook a bag of treats from the window. He kept getting closer but then there were some distractions in the background (a car driving in and people walking) and he ran off. :(

emanuelaj

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I understand the anxiety. It's so hard not knowing where they are or if they are okay. Just keep in mind that some cats will return home after being gone for six months. Thank you. I do, too. I won't give up hope and neither should you. Both cats will be back soon!
Yeah it’s so hard.. Please let me know if your kitty comes home. ❤