My 5 year old cat just died, and I have no idea why

Micaela227

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
He was just 5 and an indoor cat. No diseases, no anormal behavior. He was just fine this morning, he was playing last night running around the house with his sister. This morning I left to work and he was eating, around an hour and a half later my mom called and said he was dead. She says he wanted to be hold, so she did for a few minutes. Then she put him on the ground and he was just fine. She even has a voice message she was sending to her friend and you can hear him meowing once, his voice completely normal. Then she turned around and he was collapsed on the ground, dead. Just like that. No trauma, nothing. We took him to the vet to have him cremated and he said my baby probably had some kind of heart problem since birth. I just don't understand why did this have to happen, he was perfectly fine.

RinreiW

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I'm so sorry for your loss. That is heartbreaking.

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I am so sorry. Even though all of us on this site have gone through the loss of our beloved cats, no one can fully appreciate another's loss. Whatever took him, it sounds like it was quick and certainly without long term suffering. Be grateful for that, and while you need to grieve your loss, remember that the best tribute you can pay to him is not wondering what happened to him, but focusing on and relishing in the times you had together.

CaseysMom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Oh, I am so sorry. That is just heartbreaking. I am so sorry for your loss.

sidneykitty

Foster mama
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I am so very sorry you lost him so suddenly and unexpectedly. Thinking of you and your family tonight, sending you peace and healing in your grief.