My 5 year old car has scab on his neck.

Kate9

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My 5 year old cat has scab on his neck. So far, I only found one on his neck and it’s very first to have it. I recently change his dry food. Now I’m feeding him “Hill's Prescription Diet Metabolic Chicken Flavor Dry Cat Food” and it’s been about little more than a month. He acts like usual and does not seem bothers him at all.

Attachments

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
Welcome to The Cat Site! This is a crusted over scab? The pic looks more open and raw, even oozy. If it is related to food, chicken can be an allergic ingredient for some cats. It is hard to tell if it is from a food allergy. Does he go outside, have contact with any other cats?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Kate9

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Welcome to The Cat Site! This is a crusted over scab? The pic looks more open and raw, even oozy. If it is related to food, chicken can be an allergic ingredient for some cats. It is hard to tell if it is from a food allergy. Does he go outside, have contact with any other cats?
Hi! Thank you for your reply. I’m not sure I just found it today. He is indoor cat and I had contacted my sister’s kitty cat couple days ago but the cat does not have any problem with his skin tho.

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Have you noticed him scratching that area at all? If a food allergy, sometimes that causes bad itching, which could result in scabbing. But I agree that from the picture it doesn't really look like a scab. It looks more like a lump and in the middle it kind of looks like there is a tiny hole. Is that just my imagination? it's possible it's some sort of bug bite or sting. Hard to know. I would keep an eye on it and if it gets smaller, great. If not, then I'd have a Vet check it out.