My 3 week old kittens sleep

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
At 350gms, they should be eating 96mls a day divided by the feedings. They should be getting 16mls if eating every 4 hours, at three weeks it can go to 24mls or so if every 6 hours. I would let them go at least 4 hours, maybe 5 or 6 and see if they eat more. Make sure they are warm too, a cold kitten will not eat, a cat heat pad would help, or mama, make sure they are huddling together.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Shayfury

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
This morning was an improvement. All but one ate more then 10ml. They all cuddled with mom before feeding. I think it helps get them moving.

Shayfury

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
It occurred to me today that I got their momma around this age. We didn't know she was so young. We thought she was really small, but she seemed okay. She ate soft cat food and all. About a month or more later I found out she was born Sept. 16th 2019. I received her around mid October! I started giving her kmr in her dish, since was obviously past syringes and bottles. She never really had issues with litter training either. How in the heck did she survive!

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Believe it or not, in another week your little ones will be at an age when they could start eating on their own too. And start using the litter box when they do. At this stage in life they grow up awfully fast! I used flats that canned goods came in for litter boxes with newspaper underneath and nonclumping litter because kittens tend to eat litter and clumping litter can hurt them. Enjoy their smallness while you can, they will be tearing around like whirlwinds soon!

Shayfury

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Brilliant idea on the flats! I was having a dilemma on what to use. We tried litter the other day and on of them tried to eat it like rock candy. I havent tried again yet

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, if they are trying to eat litter, put some of your kitten formula in some wet pate food and see if they will eat, you never know! I always put some on my finger and smeared it on their lips at first. Once they licked it off I led them to the bowl. Mama will clean them until they learn to eat, then she will slack off, and they will need to learn to use the litter box. As early as in a week! They sound like they are really coming along!

Shayfury

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Kitten vet check today! They're all healthy. Diareah caused from diet, they have all of their teeth they need to eat. So weaning began today! 🥳🥳 the litter box was also reintroduced today. Results are.... okayish. Some good some not so good, but all getting better and better. You guys have been live savers! This site is amazing and I will continue here.

ArchyCat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What solid food are you feeding? Kitten wet? Maybe add a little KMR powder to the wet food.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm glad they are all healthy. Pretty soon they will be great at eating and using the litter box. Then youll have your hands full with a different problem, keeping track of them and keeping them out of trouble! They are at a great age, make sure you enjoy them! I pray they find homes that will love and cherish them!