My 3 Kittens

rebeccalynn

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My father brought home 3 identical kittens, so identical that we had to buy different colors collars to be able to tell them apart.  The vet kept saying that we would be able to tell them apart as they got older, wrong.  As soon as you think that you have their actions figured out they change.  (Example: Zazu is always the one who climbs the curtain, while Bailey sleeps all day.  I just yelled at Zazu to get off the curtain and it was Bailey, Zazu is asleep with the dog.) But lately I can't get Zazu to do anything. He is usually running around, fighting with his brother, Oliver, chasing bailey or me or the dog, climbing everything, playing with toys or anything that he can see. But now every time I go to check on him he's asleep in the same spot and he stays there from when I let him out in the morning to when I go to bring him in at night. Should I be worried about him or could he just be the oldest of the three?  He is really starting to worry me. 

alyssam

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I would try to entice him to play! Or even try giving him a trail of treats to get him off the dog bed. Though if it keeps up you should consider taking him to the vet.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

rebeccalynn

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
When I last asked my vet about it she said that they will all be starting to calm down a lot. But the other two still run around in play.  I will try the treat idea though!   I never even thought to use treats!

GemsGem

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Hmmm..... It doesn't sound right to me. Yes they do calm down with age but they don't go from one extreme to another.

How long has he been just sleeping like this ? Is he still eating well and going the toilet ?

rebeccalynn

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
He's been sleeping like this for about two weeks. He still eats just as much as the others and he's been using the bath room normally still. About three weeks ago he was still playing but calming down a little bit. But then he sorta just stopped all together. 

GemsGem

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Does he play if you entice him to ? Most cats can't resist things like laser pens or even just string being dragged across the floor etc.. If he doesn't show any interest or doesn't want to play with anything no matter how much you encourage him, well, I would get him checked out by a vet. ;)
It's not normal for a young cat to sleep all day. Well, even older adult cats are still pretty active. :D

rebeccalynn

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
He's never been really into string or people trying to play with him.  He's always been really independent, he plays with what he wants, where he wants and no one can tell him not to.  Since we've had him I've noticed that he has taken a strong liking to sparkly fuzzy craft pom pom balls.  Lately I've been tossing them across the floor to see if he will chase him and all I have managed doing is getting the other two into collisions. He will bat the pom pom back in forth for a little while but nothing like he used to and if the others take it from him he just lets them have it rather then chasing after them to get it back like he used to. 

GemsGem

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
How old is he ?

Is it possible that he playing when you are not there ?
I would keep an eye on him and if no improvement I would get him checked out. If only for your own peace of mind :D

Oh and I was laughing about you describing the play collisions :lol3: I had that happen a lot :lol:

rebeccalynn

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
He's only four months old and all three are litter mates. Which is why it shocks me that he doesn't play when the other two do. I'm seventeen, on summer vacation, without a job so I'm with them all the time. I think I'm going to call the vet and chat with her just to make myself feel better.