My 3 Cat's Christmas Present!

jmarkitell

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise

This is the Christmas Present that Santa Claus brought to (top to bottom) Salome, Binks, and Archie. Salome and Binks were strays or Ferals, while Archie, the big orange cat, was from, a cat rescue organization in Uniontown, Pa.  They must have been good kitties!

Jim 

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise
Very nice present! Salome, Binks and Archie have clearly wasted no time claiming as their own. They look very happy.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jmarkitell

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
With the New Year came a welcome blast of colder weather...I made a big fire and now the three cats refuse to move away from their new tower and fireplace! Nothing like cats around the fireplace on a cold day! :)   ...And Callie, the feral, is enjoying his heated Coleman Cat Condo! Its a nice start to 2016!

Jim

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise

With the New Year came a welcome blast of colder weather...I made a big fire and now the three cats refuse to move away from their new tower and fireplace! Nothing like cats around the fireplace on a cold day! :)   ...And Callie, the feral, is enjoying his heated Coleman Cat Condo! Its a nice start to 2016!

Jim
Agreed, it's a very nice start to the new year.  Sweet.  

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise

Jim
Nice cat condo.  And 3 beautiful cats.   Do you think Callie will ever decide to become an indoor kitty?

jmarkitell

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
We have already started working with Callie/Calvin to get him inside, and we have had some sucess with the help of our ambassador cat, Binks. Binks and Callie both appeared a few years ago, but Binks was socialized around people while Callie wasn't. It has taken a few years to get him to trust us at all, and only on his terms. Callie and Binks are friends and if Callie sees Binks inside my daughter's room, he will venture in fo0r a little bit. He is starting to get over his skittishness, but still doesn't like it if we close the door behind him when he ventures inside.

It has taken two years to get him to this point, so I figure it might take him a little while to trust us to the point he is an indoor kitty. He is very sweet and affectionate, but only lets me, my wife, and daughter to approach him. I heard him purring the other day and wondered if that was the first time he purred in pleasure? I never thought I would be able to pet him, let alone have him move inside...but with patience....

Jim

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Sounds like you will have a 4th indoor kitty someday.  And there is just enough room on your cat condo for one more kitty.  What colour is Callie/Calvin?

jmarkitell

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Callie/Calvin is a base of white, with browns/reds and blackish stripes. The winter weather finally arrived and it dropped below freezing...Callie enjoyed his outdoors Coleman Cooler based heated Cat Condo!

Jim

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Callie/Calvin is very handsome.  Glad he's enjoying his outdoor cat condo.  Am I right in assuming you originally thought he was a she?