My 3 1/2 year old male cat has been missing for 24 hours? Plz help!

Dheeksha

Black Cats are full of love ❤️
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Barfi is 3 1/2 years old. He was neutered. He has been missing since yesterday morning. He is an indoor only cat. He was born in my home. Never went outside. He don't know anything except me, my mom, other cats in the home and this house.

I closed all the doors and windows. There is no chance for him to escape. My mom went 2 times outside yesterday morning. She is careful while she opens the door. This has never happened. He never tried to go outside. Not even interested in looking outside through the windows like my other cats. He just vanished. Don't know how did this happen. This is very strange.

For the last few days there is a change in his behavior. He is getting very scared and hiding. Not eating much. Eating 3/4th of the food. Earlier he used to eat a lot. Much more than what is given to him. Don't know what happened to him.

I searched three rows of houses. Appx. 32 houses. He is not there. Informed my neighbors.

Can anyone tell me what is his psychology now. Why did he even go outside? He never even looked at the door in all these years. Did he just ran away intentionally?

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
I don't know how your house is arranged, but are you sure that he is outside and not hiding in some nook or corner? Cats are notorious for this and TCS members have posted finding cats in places like reclining chairs. I have been through this several times with my cats. As you search for him inside, he might be moving which means that he is one step ahead of you. Scared and hiding does not necessarily mean bolting out the door, especially if you never saw signs of interest in the door.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Dheeksha

Alpha Cat
Purraise
I don't know how your house is arranged, but are you sure that he is outside and not hiding in some nook or corner? Cats are notorious for this and TCS members have posted finding cats in places like reclining chairs. I have been through this several times with my cats. As you search for him inside, he might be moving which means that he is one step ahead of you. Scared and hiding does not necessarily mean bolting out the door, especially if you never saw signs of interest in the door.
My mom and me searched every inch of the house.. like cupboards everything. Looked in washing machine also. He isn't there.

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
If he did go outside, he is more than likely very, very nearby. Most cats that are not used to being outside at all go to the first place they can find for a hide-out, and they generally stay there. That can be under sheds, buildings, up in trees, any place that is really secluded. The only way that is not likely the case is if he was chased away from the area by some other outdoor cat.

The fact that he has been acting unusual also suggests he has found himself a hiding place inside. See if this TCS article can provide you with some ideas on what to try next.
Help! My Cat Is Lost! – TheCatSite Articles

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Dheeksha

Alpha Cat
Purraise
If he did go outside, he is more than likely very, very nearby. Most cats that are not used to being outside at all go to the first place they can find for a hide-out, and they generally stay there. That can be under sheds, buildings, up in trees, any place that is really secluded. The only way that is not likely the case is if he was chased away from the area by some other outdoor cat.

The fact that he has been acting unusual also suggests he has found himself a hiding place inside. See if this TCS article can provide you with some ideas on what to try next.
Help! My Cat Is Lost! – TheCatSite Articles
Thank god Thank god... Barfi came just now.. He is very scared.. my baby. I think he hid under my car all this time. I called his name. Kept food under the car.. he didn't respond then. Now suddenly he shouted. Opened the door. He ran inside the house..looking very scared.
THANK YOU SO MUCH fionasmom fionasmom and FeebysOwner FeebysOwner for helping me. 🙏

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
So glad you found Barfi! See, he did not go far at all but try to figure out how he got out. From the fact that he was very nearby you can tell that he did not want to run away.

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Barfi came just now.. He is very scared.. my baby. I think he hid under my car all this time. I called his name. Kept food under the car.. he didn't respond then. Now suddenly he shouted. Opened the door. He ran inside the house..looking very scared.
:woohoo: :grouphug::hearthrob::redheartpump: Yay!!! Now just keep an eye on him to see if you can identify anything that might be going on with him health-wise. And, keep an eye on outside, in case there is a roaming cat or two that might be throwing him 'off his game'.