My 3 1/2 month old kitten has lumps

Catwoman1985

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi I recently adopted a kitten from a place called cat haven where I live his name is sunny well he was 2 months when I got him I did notice his fur felt a little dry figured it was due to him being treated for fleas or what ever stuff they used or maybe his diet so after I got him use to our existing 1 yr old cat named pebbles I gave him a bath all was well his fur was soft again had to change his wet food from the fancy feast kitten to what pebbles was eating cuz it was making his poop smell up the whole house I mean never smelled something so bad lol but after the food change his poo was normal smell well 3 days ago I noticed a small bump on the top of his head like the ball of a pen I thought well ok pebbles and sunny was playing to ruff didn’t think nothing of it just now I go to pet him the bump has gotten as big as the tip of my pinky finger I am like ok i don’t think this is normal mind you that you see nothing on the skin it’s under the skin so I’m like ok if I feel the body and find nothing maybe it’s a pimple or cyst so I feel around got to the back of his neck and find a big one the size of my thumb and my heart just sank I’m like ok it’s time for our first vet visit I was gonna go to the vet er but I’m like maybe I’m over reacting I need to calm down and wait until the morning and find a good vet I’m praying that it’s just cysts or pimples or something that antibiotics can fix and not cancer my husband is going thru cancer as we speak and he has thousands of dollars in medical bills as it is I don’t understand this his blood work was good before he left the cat haven they did say he had some issues and had to return to the vet but didn’t tell me why or what the reason was which is probably why he had the dry fur issue I’m just heartbroken atm worried my husband wanted this cat for him this kitten has not once left his side when he is home he would be heart broken to hear his new baby kitten has cancer too I’m just wanna know has anyone’s cat/ kitten have these type of lumps/knots and was normal or ok like not have cancer tomorow I will be looking everywhere for a vet to take us that has the best care and compassion for pets I will keep you posted but in the mean time please feel free to give me your exp or thoughts thanks

silent meowlook

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi. So he is a young kitten right? It is highly unlikely he has cancer. Of course it is possible but I doubt it. Can you post pictures? For now, don’t bath him again and of course get him to a Veterinarian in the morning. It could simply be an abscess or skin condition or a number of other things, but cancer would be way down on the list of possibilities.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Catwoman1985

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
He wouldn’t sit still long enough he don’t like me touching the one on his head this is all I could get nothing is visible on the skin just can only notice by touch

Attachments

Catwoman1985

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi. So he is a young kitten right? It is highly unlikely he has cancer. Of course it is possible but I doubt it. Can you post pictures? For now, don’t bath him again and of course get him to a Veterinarian in the morning. It could simply be an abscess or skin condition or a number of other things, but cancer would be way down on the list of possibilities.
I took the pics and I’m sitting here and a thought came to my mind he has been micro chipped I’m wondering if his body is rejecting the chip

Catwoman1985

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
This was the paper I got from the adoption center but just realized the day I picked him up is the day it says he got his fiv test and stuff around the same time I picked him up but it says the 10th of this month is the last vaccine he got but the type says not set up the 4 in one this photo may make better sense to you idk

Attachments

Catwoman1985

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
The m

icrochips are placed above the shoulders. Has he been vaccinated recently?
That’s exactly where the big lump is as for the one on top of his head in the center before the ear line idk it keeps growing

Catwoman1985

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
So I called the vet hospital and asked what should I do should I worry and they wanted to see and feel it they said it probably not a bad thing but you never know so I go at 1 pm it’s a bit of a drive but it was the vet care with the best reviews crossing my fingers and if they do suspect anything they have all the equipment they need there to do tests so I’m hoping my next thread is a good one

Catwoman1985

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
He had a ear infection was given antibiotic ear drops they started to disappear but now there are in different spots we go back in a month he had to go yesterday due to a stinky poop smell that would not go away turned out anal glands was full he had to have them expressed I’m like wow for a 3 month old kitten I wouldn’t of thought those glands would be a thing right now