my 20 yr old kitty

joe

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Four years ago my then 16 yr old kitty was in kidney failure.My vet had me subcutaneously inject him with 150 mgs of ringers solution every other day and even though he has slowed down quite a bit he's still a great pet.I recently had the vet do a blood chemistery profile and he now has an electrolyte imbalance,his sodium and chloride is very high.Has anyone had a cat with a similar problem,and if so how was it treated ?

catarina77777

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Dear Joe,
I don't have an answer to your question, but I'm sure someone will, I just happened to read this and I wanted to tell you how blessed you and your kitty have been! A 20 year old cat! My Kadaffi (he was 18) just passed away a couple of weeks ago; that's how I found this site. I hope you stick around. You'll find a lot of support and a lot of answers; trust me. Sorry I can't help you with this subject, but, I can be lots of support right now!

God Bless You and Your Wonderful kitty!

sandie

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have not had any experience with this either. However the fact that he is 20, shows how much you care for him. It is nice to see more people like this!!