My 11 year old cat died yesterday

catconcern

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
The last thing you did was something special, kind and loving and your cat knows this! You were feeding your baby because she was sick and you were trying to keep her alive. That's a loving, caring gesture and should be cherished. Don't let your mind trick you. Everyone regrets final moments and acts . You were trying to keep your cat healthy and alive. You have nothing to feel guilty about.

Keep reading this site and you will see many new people come and say thins that you are saying and you will see how everyone views the last days with regret and second guessing. You're in pain but you will heal. I know your pain and trauma . It's sickening to the stomach and mentally unbearable and crippling. It takes lots of time.

You're a great person. We can see that, and your cat saw and knows that.

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am so sorry for your loss.  You and your boyfriend did everything you could for Felix.  Please take comfort in that you were acting in his best interest and you tried to so hard to help him.  He knew you loved him.  Bless you both.  

Last edited:

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so sorry I kept referring to your precious Felix as a 'he', I hope you (and Felix) will forgive me, I truly didn't mean to cause any more pain. Felix, I know you are a precious little girl, and I pray that you and my Chrissy are ruling the Rainbow Bridge as the princesses you are and will always be!

walkingrock

Bodie's mom
Adult Cat
Purraise
I apologize for also making the mistake of referring to your Felix as a "he" when you clearly referred to "her" in your initial post; didn't mean to be careless. [emoji]128580[/emoji][emoji]128151[/emoji]

heynorwood

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I'm so sorry. When you have a cat for such a long time it hurts so bad when you loose them. I had a cat for 16 years. From when I was 2 years old to 18 years old. She did some similar things to your cat. She had a tumor on her stomach and in the end she suffered. I miss her so much. She was my best friend. It's been over a year now and I still miss her so much. I'm sorry for your pain. I got a new cat to try and make myself feel better but she'll never replace Raider.