my 1 year old is recovering from severe anemia after using Doxycycline/Enrofloxacin but nothing diagnosed yet

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Did you talk to the Vet about whether or not there will be ups and downs with this diagnosis until the antibiotics are finished? And what did they tell you when the PCV dropped slightly? Did they tell you to add any supplements or advise there was anything else you could do? Really, with this diagnosis, your Vet is your friend and you need to rely on what they tell you. Of course, you should ask any questions of them that you have, especially when things seem to be going in the wrong direction. But they should be familiar with what is happening with your little guy and be able to answer them much better than we can.

K kittenmittens84 is right though in that foaming and drooling doesn't mean there is a problem with the medication other than that the cat doesn't like the taste of it. Very common. But it's critical that he gets it. And you mentioned above that perhaps it had expired or been exposed to sunlight. Did you get a newer supply? You should discuss that with the Vet also because if you are giving him Doxy that isn't up to date, it might not be effective :frown:

:vibes::vibes::vibes:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

fibonacci_das

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
today got him to amc.vet centre in Manhattan (his health and activity deteriorated since 2 days)they tell its the best in the world. this is our last hope and last few bucks left. waiting for doctors review now.

fibonacci_das

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Did you talk to the Vet about whether or not there will be ups and downs with this diagnosis until the antibiotics are finished? And what did they tell you when the PCV dropped slightly? Did they tell you to add any supplements or advise there was anything else you could do? Really, with this diagnosis, your Vet is your friend and you need to rely on what they tell you. Of course, you should ask any questions of them that you have, especially when things seem to be going in the wrong direction. But they should be familiar with what is happening with your little guy and be able to answer them much better than we can.

K kittenmittens84 is right though in that foaming and drooling doesn't mean there is a problem with the medication other than that the cat doesn't like the taste of it. Very common. But it's critical that he gets it. And you mentioned above that perhaps it had expired or been exposed to sunlight. Did you get a newer supply? You should discuss that with the Vet also because if you are giving him Doxy that isn't up to date, it might not be effective :frown:

:vibes::vibes::vibes:
changed to new doxy and enro 1 day back. I did an online in vetster with Dr. Frank yesterday and he told ots microplasma and they should increase prednosolone to 10 mg as 5 mg is for inflammation and not auto immuno till he comes to 28+ pcv and then plan a tapering. waiting at amc vet center now.

fibonacci_das

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Fibo's wbc now went down to 2.0 but blood transfusion was successful and pcv at 18. the doctors still didn't get any reason. some think myefibrosis , no leukemia detected.. we will get biopsy test by Wednesday and doctors think he should live the last few days with me. my baby lived an amazing 1 year life full of delightful memories and I want him to live the last few on my side. planning to get him home tomorrow. excited!!!

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
How is he today? Tomorrow you get the results from the bone marrow test?

fibonacci_das

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
he is doing better at home since yesterday evening. appetite is good. on 2 steroids and one antibiotic but I am using mix lab flavors, so able to feed on time. today he is roaming across the room. Yes waiting for core biopsy results pending tomorrow. will let you know.