My 1 Y.O. Just Jumped Up On Second Floor Balcony Railing

ArtNJ

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She isn't even a jumper or a climber. I can't easily build anything, its too big of a railing and it would be too unsightly. Just hoping she never does it again. She looked a bit confused about what to do up there, so I slowly went to her and got her down.

I don't recall if I've ever had a cat do this before. If so, it would be like 20 years ago. Scary!

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Yow!! Sure you wouldn't be willing to hire a handyman to install a plexiglass shield on top of the banister? Maybe something like this (see pic)? It doesn't look bad at all.
Shield above Banister.jpg

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ArtNJ

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If she keeps doing it, might have too. As I understand it, 2-4 stories is actually worse than 4-7 stories for cats because they don't have time to do the cat thing of perfectly aligning themselves to brace for impact. So I know its dangerous for her. But no, can't say I really want to spend, what, $500+ for something unsightly unless its absolutely necessary. Also, if you closely at the picture, my bannister is quite thin and wouldn't support that without heavy modification (so it might be more like $1000+)