Muskis is no more... A day of sorrow here..

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Jamusjkin "Muskis" went on today.  A sudden failure of kidneys took him. Nothing to do, although we drove to the best vet clinic in the county..  The only possible to do was just to give the last shots to end his pains.

Jamuskin lived good and well in 14 years.  Sick  for real just that last day...  

Although you were shy and didnt liked to be carried,  you managed to participate in a number of  Exhibitions / Shows in FIFe.. You took your Champion title, and also a couple of Best in Variant...  But when you got enough, was the end of Shows for you...

You were a stud for 3 years, ready to help visiting Russian Blue females from Sweden and Norway.  Sadly, there werent as many matings as you deserved...The most renown breeders called him "the best young russian blue stud in Scandinavia today".  Not your fault there were so few matings.  You were a very good stud, knowleable, excellent at courting, and very friendly to your visiting ladies. You got healthy, and sociale kittens.

But your line is going down the river of life, through your son Zjivago "Vagis" and his sons and daughters...

There MAY also be other descendants, whom Im not aware of.

May all yours descendants be blessed.

You were a wonderful family cat.  Friends with us in family in each different way... You warmed wonderfully my rheumatic knee, making the pains gone.  You were a wonderful First Secretary to our son, the interpreter.   [yes, this is a double joke]

Also a good friend with your son and pal Vagis, although you sometimes could blow yourself up against each other, so we needed to talk you both down.  But you two  never ever fought for real. Not even when you were two fertile males in the house...   And you continued to be the revire holder and protector of the home, even after you got neutered, and your son proceeded to be the stud of the household...

You learned me much about cat behavior, and about the behavior of shy cats. 

You were a true Cat.

You were also both the direct and indirect cause I myself began with helping  cats, especielly homeless and semiferales - and their kittens... online and otherwise.

Muskis.  Im sad and devastated today. 

I and the family will miss you, your gentleness, your friendliness.   So will your son Vagis.

We will miss You.

RIP  Muskis. aka Jamusjkin, aka Kosmoskattens Herman.

Some pics from Muskis´s  earlier years:

This photo made by his breeder, Elisabeth, when he was 9

Jamusjkin in his prime, about 3 years.

Fairly young Jamusjkin, about 9 months

Last edited:

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise
I'm really sorry to hear about Muskis. He sounds like a truly wonderful cat in so many ways. And so beautiful! I wish you did not have to go through this. You gave him a great life!

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
I'm so sorry you've lost your beautiful Muskis, Stefan. It sounds like he was a wonderful companion you'll really miss. :rbheart:

biancavd

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I'm very sorry about your loss, Stefan. Lost of strenght to you, your family and also his son Vagis. And thank you for sharing his story. He sounds like an amazing and caring stud, who also happens to be absolutely beautiful on both the outside and inside. 14 years might be a "nice" age, but no age is good enough when it comes to saying goodbye. He will be very missed.

Rest in Peace, Muskis ​

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so sorry for your loss. You made me cry with your words. He sounds like he was a very special cat.
It's so hard to lose one of our babies. My thoughts are with you.

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry that your beautiful Muskis is no longer with you. You did the right, most kind thing to free him from pain. Now his left-behind family are the ones who hurt. My sympathy and condolences for your loss of beloved Muskis.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Stefan, you have been such a wonderful adviser on this site, I feel as if I know you as a friend. My heart goes out to you, as you grieve, I grieve too. The heartache we go through is a personal one, but we will all go through it sooner or later, and it never gets any easier to accept that a treasured member of our family has gone.  It does help to share the pain and let some of it out, it can build up to a crushing level if you don't. I hope you can take comfort in knowing you have so many friends here at this site that care for you, and will be here for you when you are ready. Also take comfort in knowing that Muskis had the best home he could ever want, along with all the love and care he received for 14 wonderful years.  He gave you back all his love in return and shared his life with you along with giving you so many wonderful memories to hold forever in your heart . Please accept my condolences, I truly am sorry you have to be in so much pain.  I pray you will be blessed for all you do to help others and for loving so much to hurt so bad. RIP sweet Muskis, you have been greatly loved and will be held in a loving heart forever!

LotsOfFur

What greater gift than the love of a cat.
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so sorry for the loss of your beautiful Muskis. You make such a difference in both cats and human lives I hope you are able to find comfort in that. Run free sweet Muskis and await your loving family at the bridge. ((Hugs))