music

elisabeth provo

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi everybody,
you´ll probably be surprised to find something about music herethat is not related to cats.But I simply have to tell you that whenever you should get the chance of going to a concert given by I MUSICI DI ROMA YOU SHOULD GO: I went last Friday and it was the best concert I listened to during the last years. There was a famous guitarist as well one of the brothers ROMEROThey played Italian BaroqueCorelli Vivaldi Guiliani Hopefully they ´ll go to the States tooand give you the chance I simply wanted to let you knowTose who are interested might try and get a CD.
Love to all of you Elisabeth

deb25

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We like to talk music around here. Just the other night, I saw Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band put on a fantastic show. That concert just about finishes off my list of performers I would like to see. The only big one left now is The Police, and there is a fat chance of that unless they somehow get back together, or I magically get in to see them perform when they get inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame next year.....

bodlover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I love live music, Orchestras or concerts.. whatever, you can't beat real, live music

Deb I LOVE Bruce Springsteen and The Police!! Doubt I'll ever get to see them either though

The best concerts I have been to are 1)Alanis Morissette - she was just fantstic!! She played almost every single song she's ever done!! Absolutely amazing. and 2) The Levellers who I have seen three times becausethey are soooo darn good!! Brilliant good fun music you can really freak out to!!:laughing:
I have also had the uh, "privilage" of seeing Rod Stewart...(I didn't CHOSE To go, I was FORCED into it!! haha) and quite a fewother bands, hopefully in January hubby and I are going to see Counting Crows - which I can't wait for!

-bunn-

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I wouldn't know, I aint that way inclined, lol. I'm partial to our friend Kylie, even though I'm not a great fan of her music, hehe.

My fave bands are old-ish, Genesis, Phil Collins, Chris Rea, Roxette, alot of the 80s music, Queen, Bryan Adams. Some of the new stuff is okay, Shania Twain did some good music, Eminem has some good tunes, although his lyrics leave alot to be desired.

bodlover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Well I must say, I can't stand Kylie!!! :laughing: sorry... :laughing2...
BUT I do however, love Bryan Adams and Roxette!! Genesis and Phil Collins too, I like some of Chris Rea's stuff but I love Chris Isaac (especially Wicked Game and Blue Hotel), but alas, Shania Twains music just doesn't "do it" for me.... nope....

deb25

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I only wish I could have seen Queen before Freddie Mercury passed away. They are one of my all time favorites.

My concert list includes: Aerosmith, Phil Collins, Boston, Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers, Styx, Fleetwood Mac, AC/DC, ZZ Top, Billy Joel (both solo and with Elton John), Beach Boys, Eagles, Jackyl, and a bunch of old-school rap artists including Run DMC. I am probably forgetting somebody.....

yola

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Gosh, my list is far too long to, erm, list.

I did a lot of university gigs in the 80s, goth people like March Violets, Sisters of Mercy, Gary Numan, Japan, Killing Joke etc etc.

Most memorable mainstream gigs includes Eurythmics, Bruce Springsteen, David Bowie, Pink Floyd, U2, the Live Aid gig at Wembley (boy was I skint after forking out the 40 pounds for the ticket whilst at art school and ALREADY with an overdraft)!!

I also love going to operas. Madame Butterfly made me cry, The Magic Flute was well, magical, Die Fledermaus was so melodic and the 3 Tenors in Hyde Park, well, 'nuff said. They were truly awesome.

Don't like stage musicals at all. We took the Mums to see Chicago and I thought it was just so much overacting and shrieking. The only musical I adored was Fiddler on the Roof. It had Topol in it (the guy from the original film cast) and he was seriously excellent.

Most recent gigs include Hugh Cornwell from the Stranglers and Steve Harley (from Cockney Rebel) doing an accoustic gig. Both were great.

flimflam

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Yola, I'm sure we were probably at the same gigs, getting hot and sweaty and bruised at the same time..... My most recent concert was Underworld about two weeks ago - they were fabulous as usual. But I have stopped going to as many live music events as I used to, with Julian living 100 miles away and working a lot of weekends it is difficult to plan these things. But we have started having going disco-dancing a lot more.

It is the Huddersfield Contempary Music Festival at the moment - lots of new classical stuff. I have lived here for over 15 years and never ever been to see anything performed live at the festival. I was tempted this year with some Tibetan monks, but it had sold out by the time I got my act together. Ho hum.

debby

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh I love Genesis and Phil Collins!!!!

Deb...you got to see Fleetwood Mac? I love them too!!! Their greatest hits CD is awesome!!! Stevie is the best!

I saw Aerosmith not long ago, and it was the best concert I have ever seen!!!!

russian blue

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ahh...Bryan Adams....that was the best concert for me.

It was in Toronto, and it was pouring rain. The bandstand only covered half the crowd and I was part of the uncovered other half! Got totally soaked...but it was summer and warm.

Bryan felt sorry for us, so halfway through the concert he *moved* his band to like two feet infront of me....it was a temporary stage because he felt sorry for us *soggy* fans!

Who else do I like...hmm.. depends on my mood but..Annie Lennox, Moist, Bon Jovi (the old stuff), U2, LIVE, Lenny Kravitz, Guns N Roses and some celtic. Also anything Dance - High Energy - Love Inc., Chris Shepard (DJ)! Have to keep the beat alive!

-bunn-

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Bryan Adams is a great singer an entertainer. I only got his greatest hits album from a few years back, other than that I've just bought singles.

I'm a big fan of almost anything from the 80s Rock, it has that sound I like. Modern rock is getting back to those roots and Mark Knopler's(Dire Straits lead singer & guitarist)new album is very good. Speaking of Dire Straits, I reckon they were the best 70/80s rock band.

krazy kat2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Gee, except for Aerosmith, Fleetwood Mac, ZZ Top, and Dire Straits, I don't listen to much of the same stuff as the rest of you. Shania Twain makes my head hurt, I hate her! Just another generic country bimbo.