Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
As y'all know, I'm an 80's music fan, and though Bon Jovi was my favourite, I liked most of the hair bands back then. One band, Whitesnake, had a few videos which "featured" one girl, who was for a while the lead singer's girlfriend. I was saddened to read she died yesterday. Her name was Tawny Kitaen and she was 59 years old.

This isn't the most famous song video that featured her, as that would be "Here I Go Again On My Own", but since we're on the letter "S" this one works.

Still of the Night - Whitesnake

Last edited:

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Up Where We Belong - Joe Cocker & Jennifer Warnes

She was so young to die. I wonder what the cause of death will end up being? RIP lovely lady.
Per TMZ the coroner hasn't yet determined cause of death.
Very sad, and you're right, still young. She had 2 daughters who will miss her.
1620561939419.png

BTW, glad to see you in this thread. It's fun choosing songs alphabetically, but hard too, with letters like Q, X and Z.

Whenallhellbreakslose

Living in Kitty Paradise.
Top Cat
Purraise
Any one rembers ZZ Top from the 80's? These dudes with long beards and the one guy without one. Here is their song Velcro Fly.

Another beautiful lady popular in the 80's gone . What a shame. Tanya Roberts just died a few months ago, and now Tawney Kietan. RIP Tawney 🌹🌹🌹

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
BTW, glad to see you in this thread. It's fun choosing songs alphabetically, but hard too, with letters like Q, X and Z.
Yes, I'll be posting in this music thread instead, from now on. Only thing is, it will be hard to wait for the correct letter if I hear a really cool song and want to post it!
Yes, so glad to see you over here M maggiedemi . I still listen to the songs in the other thread, but it's almost easier for me to have some kind of structure, like a letter, or themes back when we were doing them, or else a lot of time I'm just "idk what to post!" So I post a lot more songs here, until I fall too far behind again, lol.

Waka Waka (This Time For Africa) - Shakira

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
rubysmama rubysmama --How strict is this thread? I couldn't find any X songs, but I found the group Xscape. One of the girls Kandi is in my Real Housewives reality show that I watch.

Every man wants a woman
Where him and her can just go hang
Just the two of them alone
Kick back doing their own thing

Just Kickin' It by Xscape

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Your Love Is A Song - Switchfoot

Only thing is, it will be hard to wait for the correct letter if I hear a really cool song and want to post it!
You'll have to do like Lari Lari does, and make a list of songs you want to post when the letter comes around. 📜

it's almost easier for me to have some kind of structure, like a letter, or themes back when we were doing them, or else a lot of time I'm just "idk what to post!"
I like the structure too. And loved the themes when we did them, but they kind of fizzled out over time. So this is the next best thing. :musicnote:

rubysmama rubysmama rubysmama rubysmama --How strict is this thread? I couldn't find any X songs, but I found the group Xscape.
We try to keep the letters in order, but are more lenient with the difficult ones like Q, X and Z. So feel free to skip those letters when they come around. I mean, there's only so many times we can post Olivia Newton John's Xanadu. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.