Music - What Are You Listening To?

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
I thought it would be fun to see what we like for music.

Today I am using YouTube to listen to greatest hits albums.

This morning it was BeeGees.

Now I am listening to Chicago-been a long time since I listened..

yesterday it was Chris Cross Sailing- and an interview he did. Then Phil Collins-I would love to see him in concert-so talented!

What are you listening to my friends?!

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
My iPod has been blaring away in the living room since around 7:30 this morning: Prince, Knopfler, Kenny Wayne Shepherd, Bon Jovi, Aerosmith, Eagles, Heart, Deep Purple, etc.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
sounds like a good mix! I am now listening to Fleetwood Mac Greatest hits- it's slow at work so I have time to find some new stuff to listen to.

Now I am listening to George Michael greatest. I really love his music. Like the brass instruments in the songs...

Last edited:

bodester413

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I've been listening to a mix I made a few weeks back. Mostly dance music. Capital Cities....Chromeo..Crazy P...Lenny Kravitz....Prince...En Vogue...mixed with some funky stuff from the 70's.....Santana....Brothers Johnson....The Isley Brothers....Sly Stone.

I love YouTube for rediscovering stuff I've forgotten about....So much good stuff posted on there.

Miry-Mom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Today I've been cleaning house and listening to my favorite playlist on Spotify. It's a mix of The Weeknd, Lana Del Rey, Lorde and Melanie Martinez.

Alejandra Rico

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I connected my mp4 to the car so I do not have to listen to the radio while driving
Today was a short drive, so I heard Doris Day (Dream a little dream), Elvis Presley (cover of Fever), Adele (Rolling in the Deep), The Corrs (Long night) and Connie Talbot (I'm over you, and a cover of Thinking out loud).
I think I am a little bit on the nostalgic side of musical taste for my age :lol:

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I will have to listen to those tracks. Got my CDs from Amazon but one is cracked in the middle-Phil Collins the Singles=I managed to get 85% of the album burned on here-I will return it-I got the songs I wanted on the puter-but stinks that it's damaged-you can't tell until you flip it over-and see a 1/2" crack in the center-so most of the other music loaded fine.

This morning it's Christopher Cross The Very Best, then Phil Collins The Singles- both very talented!

Mother Dragon

Cat slave
Top Cat
Purraise
I find some rare stuff from CD Baby. They carry the normal stuff, plus obscure stuff like Jed Marum and Sons of the San Joaquin and even sea chanteys. Their prices are reasonable. I'm a CD music nut (no MP3s for me!) and I sometimes go crazy making a wish list. My music tastes are extremely eclectic, from taiko to broadway musicals to new age to Andean pan pipe to classics to marches to Gregorian chant to Native American. At least I don't get bored or burned out.

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes I much prefer CDs. then I burn them on this big puter and have so far 90 hours of music list-but the actual albums on the database I think are like 1200 hours or something crazy like that=I put the list I developed on random and it's like a radio station but without the damn commercials. And it's crystal clear.

Mother Dragon-go onto ebay and get a set of Altec Lansing ACS340 speaks-make sure it's the complete package=subwoofer, and two side speakers=I swear these are the best damn speakers! They were made in 1996 but they are by far better than anything else I have listened to, I bought a backup set. The ones I am using now I bought at Circuit city or best buy so many years ago...I play them 9 hours aday since I brought them into work a year ago=still crystal clear.

Dell Altec Lansing ACS340 Computer Speakers Set W/ Subwoofer 2.1 Surround Sound

this looks like it's the complete set-other than the dent on the subwoofer-this is what you want-the shipping is what will be expensive-but I have listened to many speakers in Best buy-I just don't care for the stuff they make nowadays-those listings-you have to be careful that it comes with the cables and power adapter and the 3 speakers=the good thing is if the power cord fails-you can always find one on ebay.

Last edited:

JamesCalifornia

Mr.Mom to a house of cats 😇😼
Top Cat
Purraise
~ This may seem strange . On YouTube I was listening to TV Show theme music. Peter Gunn - Henry Mancini & Route 66 - Nelson Riddle .
Some nice stuff back in those "old" days of television !

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Yesterday I listened to Talking Heads Stop Making Sense while doing yard work.