Musiaka's vet visit

Musiaka

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I finally managed to organise a visit to the vet for Musiaka. His bloodwork isn't very good and shows that he might develop diabetes if nothing is done now. His blood was a bit dense, showing slight dehydratation, though no signs of a serious inflammation. Liver parametres aren't too good either so he will need a supplement. He has to eat Royal Canin Diabetic kibble from now on as well, which is something I am a bit worried about, as he isn't so good with kibble. I will have to force feed him water with a syringe for the blood density and he also got some shots for it and for his liver.

On top of that she found ear mites, cleaned his ears and prescribed some eardrops. A special liquid was put on his back against mites.

So a long journey to a better health awaits us. Is anyone has some advice I'd appreciate it a lot.

Phicats

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Just follow up regularly with the vet and make sure he does well with his medications.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Musiaka

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Would it be horrible to feed the expensive mono-protein food I have already bought before starting on the RK Diabetic kibble, until we are done with it? Those cost me a fortune... The vet said I can mix it in for some time, if he doesn't want the kibble

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi. If the vet said you can mix it, then do so. But, about the diabetic kibble - RC also has a diabetic canned food. Why would the vet put him on dry food when he needs more moisture? The more moisture he gets through his food, the better off. Also, what about getting Musiaka a water fountain to see if that might entice him to drink more?

The special liquid on his back sounds like a flea treatment that also helps control mites, yes?

Musiaka

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hi. If the vet said you can mix it, then do so. But, about the diabetic kibble - RC also has a diabetic canned food. Why would the vet put him on dry food when he needs more moisture? The more moisture he gets through his food, the better off. Also, what about getting Musiaka a water fountain to see if that might entice him to drink more?

The special liquid on his back sounds like a flea treatment that also helps control mites, yes?
Hello :) Exactly, I don't get why she wants to put him on kibble only, especially when I told her kibble makes Musiaka throw up. I asked her if there is canned food version of that kibble, but they didn't have that in their store, so I will order it. I keep on ordering expensive food and then ending up not using it, so hopefully we can soon settle on something permanent.

Ah yeah, a water fountain might work. He is more keen on drinking water that looks fresh and is put away from his food bowls, which is the case with a lot of cats I suppose

Musiaka

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
How can this RC Diabetic kibble be good for Musiaka, I don't get it... it has gluten and all kinds of stuff

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
How can this RC Diabetic kibble be good for Musiaka, I don't get it... it has gluten and all kinds of stuff
That I can't answer. But, I bet the canned version has lower carbs than the kibble, which is what you would want. Tbh, generally canned foods are lower in carbs than most of the kibble versions.