Musiaka's journey with IBD and liver issues

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Musiaka

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Musiaka had his first hairball since summertime today. The central heating is running rampant here and it's so hot inside the apartment, so Musiaka started shedding like crazy these days. I was avoiding taking him outside lately, as the wind has been ice cold (even made him a little sweater), but today I got an idea that it could be beneficial for his shedding. Maybe he would shed less if he spend some time in a colder weather daily.
Other than that, I'm giving him daily b12 and folic acid, s.boulardii, egg yolk, milk thistle. He is lively and eats well (still trying to find a healthier canned food he would eat instead of his current junky one).

Our vet says he will never stop vomiting unless his gallbladder is removed, but I haven't decided to go for it yet. I'm so scared. Scared of the surgery not getting done well, scared for complications, scared that he will have to be on a special diet which he will refuse, get weak and die. Also, what if it won't help and we go through all that in vain? When we done an ultrasound in 2019, the vet didn't mention gallstones, but he was vomiting nonetheless. Also, if it's his gallstones that make him nauseaus, why did he not vomit at all during the antibiotic course?

I don't know, I'm going crazy thinking how to help him. Which option will grant him a longer lifespan? I don't even know how old he is. What if he's not as old as I suspect? I MUST grant him a proper lifespan!

Musiaka

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Musiaka's been throwing up two early mornings in a row. Today he somehow got to the shelf where we keep onions and garlic and ate a bunch of onion/garlic shells which were then in his vomit

Musiaka

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Guys, could I please ask you to not put "sad" emojies? I'm writing this thread for myself to keep track on Musiaka and any insights or comments are always welcome, but those "sad" emojies feel so discouraging and as if Musiaka is hopeless. We keep on fighting. Musiaka runs around and plays everyday, he's very interactive and cuddly. Please don't "sad" the posts.