Murphy has passed

chichismom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Last tues when I was home for lunch Murphy had a stroke or blood clot and died :( He was perfectly fine one minute waiting for his food, then he had a sneezing fit and went into like a seizure. I got him to the vet asap but it was to late. I am still in shock he was only 8 and very healthy/active. Cannot believe he is gone :( I love you Murphy! Miss you terrib

View media item 153398

Last edited by a moderator:

1of10000fists

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I am so very sorry for your loss. I know I could not handle the loss my my baby boy and I hope you are getting through this. I worry constantly than something will happen to my sweet pea, a house fire while Im gone, carbon monoxide, all sorts of things I cant control. To lose Murphy so out of the blue with no real idea of why or how to have prevented it must be tough. Theres sometimes no warning and nothing you can do but offer the best life you possibly can and know that he was happy with you. He will always be with you, watching out for you - and every time you trip over your feet, thats just him reminding you that he's with you :angel:

thecatwhisperer

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
chichismom,

I 'm so sorry about your cat. We had a similar looking black tabby that died at 8 yrs. old. He seemed fine the night before and our next door neighbor found him at the edge of her patio the next morning. He looked beautiful without a mark on him. The vet told me it was probably a heart attack. Said it happens for no reason sometimes.

It's so sad that you had to see your cat fall ill so suddenly. It's a helpless feeling. I'm watching my elderly cat Moxie slowly die from anemia and may have to make a tough decision very soon. We all love these pets like family and it hurts so much. So sorry for you.

three cat night

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Chichismom,
I am so very sorry about your baby, I can only say I know how hurt your is, but am sure you gave him a great life and he didn't suffer too long. May he rest in peace in kitty heaven.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Oh, no, you must be in shock! I'm so sorry to hear that. The only consolation is that he went very quickly. RIP, Murphy, you left your mom way too soon.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Please accept my condolences on your great loss, I know your heart is broken. May you find comfort in your happy memories and in knowing he loved you very much. We love so much it hurts that much more when they are gone. He is a beautiful angel at the Rainbow Bridge and will be waiting for you. RIP Murphy!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

chichismom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you all so much for your kind words 
 even though I have other pets, I cannot believe how empty the house feels now. I'm very glad I was with him in those last moments- but man is that haunting me 
 To witness your baby take their last breath is absolutely heartbreaking. Especially when you don't really know what happened. Sure I could have done a necropsy but I much prefer him to lay at rest. The results would'nt bring him back, and I could'nt imagine putting his little body through that. He is at rest now- right next to Chi Chi 

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I agree with you, let him rest in peace. I know it hurts so much to witness our babies dying, please tell yourself 'no' and think of something else when you start dwelling on it.It's the only thing that works for me. Every once in a while I'll think of her again and I want to bawl, but there is nothing I can do to bring her back. I'm still not at the point where I think of 'happy' thoughts.I'll pray for you, and for little Murphy's soul. I hope he and Chi Chi and Chrissy are playing together at the Rainbow Bridge.