Welcome to The Cat Site
your cat community
Interact with our community

Mueller Report Finally Finished

Discussion in 'IMO: In My Opinion' started by orange&white, Mar 22, 2019.

1. JamesCalifornia

JamesCalifornia TCS Member Top Cat

Apr 1, 2016
    Los Angeles
    ~ Likely they are both ... :sigh:

By the way Eric Holder was found in contempt and look what happened to him.

orange&white purraised this.

2. Talien

Talien TCS Member Alpha Cat

Oct 10, 2018
    Michigan
    It's nothing but a bad joke. If Barr releases the full unredacted report he would himself be doing something illegal because the sort of info contained in that report, especially relating to grand juries, is protected by law from exactly this sort of thing.

Typical partisan crap. Either the far left really has gone off the deep end and actually expects to be able to get the full unredacted report, or they're puffing out their chests and strutting around making a big show of demanding it just so they can later say that they tried and it's all the republicans fault for blocking and getting in the way of everything when they don't get it.

At this point I honestly can't say which one seems more likely.

maggiedemi and orange&white purraised this.

3. denice

denice Advisor Staff Member Advisor

Feb 7, 2006
    Columbus OH
    That was over the Fast and Furious gun running deal. Barr will do the same thing that Holder did. It is up to the DOJ to enforce the contempt citation, he will do the same thing Holder did 'I don't believe I will go after myself for contempt'. Even Nicole Wallace who worked for George W Bush and has no use for Trump said that it is actually pretty worthless, just a piece of paper that will sit on a desk and gather dust.

4. orange&white

orange&white Thread Starter TCS Member Top Cat

Aug 22, 2008
    Texas
    They edited it after they figured out that they misreported. Happens all the time.

The only way to get "real" news is to listen/watch the source. Congressional sessions are tedious, so a short summary from the media would be nice, except that it's all biased.

The committee meeting lasted hours, with each Democrat parroting their party line narrative and each Republican parroting theirs. 80% of the media will only report the Democrat's talking points. Fox news will only report the Republican's point of view.

If you actually watch a lot of committee meetings on C-Span....you're likely to turn into a Libertarian or some other 3rd party. :p

maggiedemi purraised this.

5. orange&white

Aug 22, 2008
    Texas
    Yep, just watched about 3 dozen of "our finest" elected officials spend the day talking about "something that will turn into nothing"....earning $200,000 a year each, plus some very cushy lifetime spiffs. Nice work, if you can get it.

foxxycat and maggiedemi purraised this.

6. betsygee

betsygee Don't believe everything you think. Staff Member Moderator

Mar 17, 2013
    Monterey, CA, USA
    MOD NOTE: Some posts have been removed from this thread for inappropriate language and being off topic. Please keep the comments on the topic of the Mueller report.

7. JamesCalifornia

Apr 1, 2016
    Los Angeles
    Last edited: May 11, 2019

8. Stinky15

Stinky15 TCS Member Super Cat

Jun 9, 2018
    East TX

9. JamesCalifornia

Apr 1, 2016
    Los Angeles
    ~ It is quite obvious certain people in the past administration are concerned about
    inspections of their past conduct. Recently James Comey tossed a few of his own under the bus after previously praising them. Full of contradictions and flip-flops. The most recent one to become nervous is former FBI legal counsel Mr. Baker ...
    Nice to know that the FBI is "on the job" :cringe:

- Baker said he is “always nervous about the IG," adding that “they’re coming in after the fact to look at what we did." At the time, he said, the FBI was “trying to do it in real time and having the pressure to deal with these threats as they were coming.”
    Baker contended that he was “confident in the judgments that I made at the time based on the information that I had available to me.” But he left open the possibility that others may have engaged in wrongdoing, saying, “I’m sure they will find things that I didn’t know at the time and maybe that others didn’t know at the time.”

10. orange&white

Aug 22, 2008
    Texas
    Uh huh. Baker sounds like, "Some people did something"....maybe....but not me.

Is James Baker throwing Comey under the bus here (to make himself look pristine and squeaky clean)? Comey lied to Trump and told him that he was not under investigation. Baker was aware that Comey lied to Trump.

Top FBI officials were 'quite worried' Comey would appear to be blackmailing Trump