Mucus in cats

Ellereh

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi, so my cat has had a problem with mucus for the past few months. It fluctuates in how bad it can get. Sometimes it won’t be so bad but then it comes back with a vengeance. I think it’s probably caused by a number of things. He has had some test done that showed he had COVID antibodies but he also has stomatitis that he’s had for a few years. Currently his stomatitis isn’t very painful and the only thing bothering him is the mucus and snot. I’d like some recommendations on some products that can get rid of the problem. Right now he’s currently on lysine and a bunch of other supplements that help with his stomatitis but don’t really do much for the mucus.

thanks

UnoMama

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I've a cat that's susceptible to feline flu, and he always gets pretty bad mucus along with the flu. My vet usually prescribes anti-mucus (mucolytics I think they're called?) pills which thin out the mucus and help get rid of it, and antibiotics deal with the actual flu virus.

Maybe something like this is an option with your cat? It'd have to be something that doesn't interfere with the other meds though, so check with your vet.