Mucous from cat's anus

Sam and tiana

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My almost 2 year old kitty was fine yesterday but is not eating her food today morning. Other than that she seems fine and is demanding scratches, purring etc. I noticed a clear liquid from her anus in the evening and found the same discharge in her litter box. I wiped her anus with a tissue and it seems a bit brownish, attached a photo if that helps. Could this be her anal sac infection? There's no smell and she doesn't seem to be in pain at all. Haven't made any changed to her diet and she ate a little wet food.
I'm worried about her and especially with the Corona situation it'll be difficult to take her to the vet. Please help me

Attachments

SpecterOhPossum

spec's pet human
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Generally with all things like this, my recommendation would be to wait 24hrs unless she goes down hill rather than up or stationary. Cats have flukes and bad days just like us, something like that doesn't warrant for a vet to dose her up with (usually useless or borderline harmful) drugs or anything IMO. Unless it gets worse.

Specter has had poops similar to that. An example would be a time she went to the box, had some liquid poop, walked out, and then had another shortly after, then went to bed and was completely back to normal with no intervention.

You could try a little unsweetened pumpkin blended with tuna for fiber and to get her eating again. But if nothing else goes wrong or anything I'd give it 24hrs.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Sam and tiana

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
No, she's not pregnant as she's spayed.
She vomited the wet food I gave her and is still having the mucous. She went to the litter box, strained and came back. She yowled and when we went to check she vomited a yellow bubbly liquid. She's hiding under the bed rn but seems to clam down a bit. I'm really anxious as all the vet clinics are closed due to the pandemic.

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
No clinic is taking emergencies only? I think that you need to have her see a vet.

Sam and tiana

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Is it okay to take her to the vet's tomorrow? I'll have to call and check if they're open.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
If they aren't, you'll want to try and find an emergency vet. Fingers crossed for you and her!

Sam and tiana

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
She's hiding away and resting but within my reach. Should I try to feed her again? I'm confused on what to do till she gets better or get to the vet's.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm really anxious as all the vet clinics are closed due to the pandemic.

Are you in the US? Vets are essential employees so vet hospitals and offices are open regardless of the various restrictions due to the virus. The same is likely true for other contries. There may be limited hours or the vet may be seeing only emergencies. Call and ask.

Sam and tiana

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
No, I'm not in the US and after a call with the vet he said to give her pedialyte. Since my parents are health workers it was easy to get. She still haven't eaten properly and threw up some of the pedialyte. There was a little bit of diarrhea like liquid from her butt. She's not dehydrated when I did the turgir test. The vet clinics are not open as we are in a 24 hour lock down but they're trying to arrange a consultation for Tiana soon. She seems fine otherwise and is constantly asking for pets.

Sam and tiana

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Tiana perked up after 5 hours of constant pedialyte. I mixed some wet food liquid and gave it to her which gave her some strength. The mucous stopped and she's pooping but it's small and hard. I gave her a few kibble so as to not upset her stomach. Today morning she ate a big breakfast and was very hyper and zooming around! I'm still giving her the pedialyte but not as frequently anymore. Thank you everyone for helping a very troubled cat mom. Currently making some chicken to give her some!