Much needed advice on underweight kittens

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

LilyandFosters

Kitten Foster
Young Cat
Purraise
It’s going ok, making sure they’re keeping hydrated with the pedialyte formula. They’re both still having poo problems but it seems to have leveled out, neither of them are going immediately after eating and the girl has gained a bit, not dropped. Continuing to feed them what I last posted, as often as their awake intervals after their naps. I’m going to keep doing this to see how their stomachs adjust because they’ve been through so many changes in the past week. I’m just trying to get her to gain weight at this point, if the diarrhea continues I’ll bring her in for checkup, what the coordinator recommended.

mittens23

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
The vet recommended royal canine for my missy. She wasn't eating and had diarrhea. This is a miracle food. She started eating it and her kitten kibbles and the diarrhea cleared up. This food has a lot of calories. I did not need to bring her in.you can get this at any vet office. I explained to the receptionist what was going on with my kitten and she recommended the royal canine recovery for dogs and cats. It saved my kittens life.

LilyandFosters

Kitten Foster
Young Cat
Purraise
Another update: I believe everything’s working out so far. The boy just got the most solid poo he’s had in almost 10 days and best of all, little girl is still gaining. Slow but steady, already on her way back up to 1.3 pounds. Hoping for the best that she’ll continue to gain weight. Her litter situation still isn’t improving but I’m waiting it out to see if the milk diet will help once she adjusts to all the food changes she’s gone through
DD8D8EC1-F81E-44C8-8BD8-AB1B4E182B81.jpeg

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
This is such incredibly good news - thank you for letting us know, and for hanging in there with them!! Hoping that things have continued to improve today :worship::sunshine::heartshape:

LilyandFosters

Kitten Foster
Young Cat
Purraise
Little update for those still interested, Fat Boy has reached 2 pounds! :coolcat: Yesterday, we brought them in for a vaccine and found out Little Girl had gotten a UTI so we have her on meds for that for the next 10 days but other than that, she’s climbing up the scale! Just hitting 1.6 pounds! Thanks to the meds and the fact that Fat Boy hadn’t hit two pounds when we brought them in, we get to hang out for a little longer.

LilyandFosters

Kitten Foster
Young Cat
Purraise
Hello hello! Thanks for thinking of us! They’re both at the perfect weight for 10 week old kitties and they’re weaning (very nice and slowly) onto dry(er) kibble with less KMR and introducing them to wet food again and everything is going absolutely great. Everyone has had perfect trips to the litter box and they’re super active and playful.

Little girl, tentatively named Haru, has finally been able to let her little micro panther shine and is able to get revenge for all the times her big fat brother (also tentatively called Baron) bullied her when she was super underweight and tired.

They honestly seem perfect right now and our vet, private and independent, confirmed this during their checkup two days ago. Additionally, neither were scared even a little bit from this visit even with all the exams they got so I’m very happy about that.

We’ve named them because we’re about 95% sure we can be their perfect forever home, we’re just figuring out the logistics of adopting them. Our vet recommended they don’t get spay/neutered so young for their health and the shelter has a policy about all animals being fixed before leaving but we’re planning on signing an agreement or showing documents that have their appointment date and certificate afterwards. Other than that, everything is going really well, they’re in their late-night zoomies stage and they’ve ripped apart their toys and we’re currently waiting on a new shipment haha!