Mspca spay question

Spookyandsammy

Tilly’s hooman maid
Super Cat
Purraise
Does the mspca usually send home meds with cats getting spayed yes spooky is getting spayed this week finally and how much do you think they will cost and how much is the cone and do you think she will need it

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Spookyandsammy

Tilly’s hooman maid
Super Cat
Purraise
Sorry new mom nervous about this whole thing

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi. Can you call them and ask your questions directly? I am pretty sure local spca centers can operate differently from one another, so only someone who has used the one you plan to use would know. Are they going to check Spooky over ahead of time? If so, that would be the time to ask your questions.

I did find this link, but I think it all depends on which location you are using, and even then some of your questions aren't answered on this site.
Spay & Neuter Services • MSPCA-Angell

Spookyandsammy

Tilly’s hooman maid
Super Cat
Purraise
Shes all set everything went well shes spayed and still has her attitude she didn't come home with any meds thank god she went to the bathroom she was very hungry and ate she didn't get sick shes slowly gaining her appetite back

Spookyandsammy

Tilly’s hooman maid
Super Cat
Purraise
It's been 5 days and she wants to play is it ok for her to play and jump or should I hide all her wand toys

white shadow

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The wound will not have fully healed yet.

I always take the cautious approach......so, no, I wouldn't just 'open the gate' so-to-speak, and suddenly lift all restrictions on her. Sure, she might be just fine. After all, there are folks less cautious than you whose kittens go bouncing off the walls after spaying.....

But, what if it doesn't turn out like that?

And, what would I - or, she - have to lose if I waited another few days....?

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Kitties are pretty good at self-limiting when they are not feeling well. I only leave my girls confined overnight or just until the anesthesia is good and worn off and then let them have free run of the house. It's less stressful all the way around. I do keep an eye on them and check their incision frequently.

Spookyandsammy

Tilly’s hooman maid
Super Cat
Purraise
Shes one years old and she got it done January 15th

Spookyandsammy

Tilly’s hooman maid
Super Cat
Purraise
Kitties are pretty good at self-limiting when they are not feeling well. I only leave my girls confined overnight or just until the anesthesia is good and worn off and then let them have free run of the house. It's less stressful all the way around. I do keep an eye on them and check their incision frequently.
I have been checking it every day she wines about it gives me a look walks away then comes back headbutts me for lovings

Spookyandsammy

Tilly’s hooman maid
Super Cat
Purraise
She found the wand toy I took it and hid it she's pretty mad

Willow's Mom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
inside of your imagination and/or smartphone app
I did something similar to Mspca but local. Spooky sounds just like my Willow. :lol:

It helped a bit to try to make up for the lack of physical activity by giving her intellectual stimulation. This might be a good time for clicker training or taking her outside in your arms or a backpack or catio if she's used to that.

Willow did lick her incision a bit so she doesn't have as neat and tiny a scar as my dog does, but that was the worst that happened. My clinic said to just do the best I could to keep her quiet.

It's hard to believe, but yea, cats don't seem to notice major abdominal surgery. :lol: :flail: They're made from pretty strong stuff. Our pampered furbabies' feral counterparts usually only get a few days of crate rest when they are TNR'd.

Spookyandsammy

Tilly’s hooman maid
Super Cat
Purraise
I was thinking of getting one of those backpacks but we just had a snow storm she's jumping up on a shelf and I'm spraying her with water it's like a fight to the death I finally gave in I took mr froggy her new wand toy away she's being a defiance little one year old

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I wouldn't worry about her. Just let her do what she wants to do and keep an eye on her incision. Sometimes you have to wait to check it until they're good and sleepy. As long as she's not licking it excessively, there's no drainage, and it's not an angry red color, then she's good. It's been long enough since her spay that she's probably good. It will be less stressful for you both.

Spookyandsammy

Tilly’s hooman maid
Super Cat
Purraise
I told my friend you need to come and get your daughter because she's acting out he just laughed at me so her her incision is fine actually it looks very healed but should I wait to break out Mr froggy

Spookyandsammy

Tilly’s hooman maid
Super Cat
Purraise
I wouldn't worry about her. Just let her do what she wants to do and keep an eye on her incision. Sometimes you have to wait to check it until they're good and sleepy. As long as she's not licking it excessively, there's no drainage, and it's not an angry red color, then she's good. It's been long enough since her spay that she's probably good. It will be less stressful for you both.
I check it every day

Katie M

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's hard to believe, but yea, cats don't seem to notice major abdominal surgery. :lol: :flail: They're made from pretty strong stuff. Our pampered furbabies' feral counterparts usually only get a few days of crate rest when they are TNR'd.
So true! The first day I had Selene home was the day after her spaying. So not only had she just had major surgery, she was now in a completely new place with a strange cat. You never would've known it from her behavior, though.

I think my cats handle stress a lot better than I do :lol:

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Please don't spray her with water. Redirect her attention when she is doing something wrong or make a loud noise but don't spray her. She surely hates it and will learn it is coming from you really quickly.

Spookyandsammy

Tilly’s hooman maid
Super Cat
Purraise
Guys I'm worried where she got her spay theirs a hard lump is that normal she won't let me see or touch it and her scabs from her spay are coming off I'm scared please let me know I'm scared

Spookyandsammy

Tilly’s hooman maid
Super Cat
Purraise
She won't let me take a pic of it it's hot where they shaved her fur but it's cute she's got a belly roll