LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm no where near MA, but I'd be tempted too.
At least go look ;) (I'm not helping, am I.)

It's good the breeder relinquished the cats before things got out of hand, and the cats are in relatively good health. I'm glad they recognized this reality and got the cats somewhere that they will be in a situation where they can find homes.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The last time I went to go "look" I wound up taking a mouse home. It was free adoption day :paperbag:

I'm sure the cats will find homes relatively quickly. With the media coverage, you know people will be bombarding the shelter with emails and phone calls asking about the ragdolls and visiting in person :rolleyes: The other non-purebred cats and animals at the shelter just get ignored because they don't get the same media attention.

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
The other non-purebred cats and animals at the shelter just get ignored because they don't get the same media attention.
While I am happy that these cats have more chances of getting homes, this is also equally sad for the other non-purebred cats. Also here, when I post about my street cats that I am looking for homes nobody cares. But wait if somebody posts about a persian or maine coon then so many people would be willing to adopt.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
IMO a lot of people just want a unique cat breed, something that few people have so they can post about it on FB / social media and brag :dunno: Some are just complete newbies and have no clue or even care about the care requirements of a particular breed. Bengals and Savannahs are increasingly popular but both breeds have tons of of energy and needs and wouldn't do well in, say, a small city apartment.

I hope the shelter vets out the serious adopters from those who just want something to post about on social media.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Many people think cats are like dogs, where you have to find the breed that's right for your lifestyle and then find a dog who is at least partly that breed. So when they go looking for a cat, they do some breed research and decide they need that breed. They don't realize that cats are cats. So that's part of it.