Moving to another state with a cat

danteshuman

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I also just realized, after seeing various news report of people being tossed off the plane for various disturbances, if your cats are complainers, you could be asked to leave the flight due to disturbing the other flyers.
My cat would be kicked off the plane!🤣 He is a nervous scaredy-cat & a talker. He yeowls loudly in the bathroom for attention or boredom & isn’t above screaming at me when he wants me to fix something or is anxious. He is also REALLY slow to warm up to people! Add in due to his weekend 40-60 minute car rides I know the difference between his complaint meows, his I’m car sick meows and his I need to pee meows!

So if you can’t sedate one cat, I would take them on the RV! Feliway and maybe some CBD oil to?

leoandoreosmom

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have moved twice with two cats and flew both times. I guess the flight from California to Maryland went well because I was on the flight with them. However the second time I moved the weather was a factor and I had to make special arrangements to have them transported. The second trip was much "rougher" for them for several reasons - mainly because I had arranged for them to be boarded once they arrived. The place that I had boarded them at did not follow specific instructions and that upset me greatly.

Airlines have their own policies and I imagine they have changed since I moved with Leo and Oreo. But check with them and decide your options.

I would never have thought to rent an RV! I actually think that is a fantastic idea! I guess the big issue would be ensuring that the cats are in good health before the trip. It would also help if they can "check out" their place to stay (the RV) beforehand with the engine on and off.