Moving kittens

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
You may go ahead and supplement if they are not gaining weight.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Demillunakittyx

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Do I use the bottle? Also the teats are not pearced at the top, how do I make sure the flow ain't to fast as when I fed the baby first 2 days I used a 1ml surynge

Thankyou

Demillunakittyx

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Mams feeding again but she doesn't look comftsble and keeps pushing the kittens away the panting has subsided and all nipples seem to be in a nice condition,
The kittens are so big now and they all fighting when it's time for nursing mam is no longer lying when feeding she is kind of sitting up with kittens all underneeth her,
They are getting a feed but she seems less interested in them. We have had to close her in a pen to feed them otherwise she would be happy to do her own thing wihh out feeding also feeding time seems to of changed from every 90 mins to 2 hours to now between 3-4 hours when we take her to them to feed, shes more then happy to clean them and move them around but she just seems a lot less interested in feeding. Kittens will be 3 weeks old on Tuesday. Any advice at this point would be really well needed.

Demillunakittyx

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
11.80 oz
11.95 oz
12.15 oz
12.20 oz
12.20 oz
12.30 oz

All so active, purring walking around, sniffing out food bowls.
Just seems like mam doesn't like when all kittens feed at once she seems to prefere a couple at a time I'm not sure if this is because they are getting bigger or if rhis is normal or something wrong.

Mama eats drinks and does her normal duty as before having kittens

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Your kittens will be 3 weeks old on Tuesday and they should weigh about 12 ounces at that point. Looking at their weights, most have already achieved it and two are very close, so they are doing fine.

However, if you’d like to supplement, you can continue to use the syringe, or switch to a bottle if they will take it. Start with piercing a tiny “X” in the tip of the bottle nipple with a knife, then test the flow by squeezing the bottle gently into the sink. You don’t want it too little or too much.

Demillunakittyx

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Sorry its been a while exhaustion kicking in, I left mama to do her thing, she ended up squeeling when she was feeding got her checked over no signs of Mastitis or hypocalcemia, however the majority of kittens have teeth and are biting when feeding,

Mama is refusing to feed the kittens happy to clean cuddle and toilet them but as soon as it comes to feeding she's out the top of the pen and won't at all entertain them,

Iv been advised of vet to hand feed each kitten 10 to 15 ml every 4 hours and intrude them to slush.

After the first 2 to 3 feeds kittens were so adventurous, fighting playing and grooming them self's.

3 out of 6 are happy to go to the slush and have a little nibble from time to time, but 3 are still depending on me, I did stress I used a 1ml surynge / eye dropper first 2 days with one of the kittens and I wasn't very confident to move to bottle incase the flow was wrong,

So at the moment still going with a 5ml surynge as time consuming as it is wihh all 6 babies they are flourishing and very cheeky mama still comes over and purrs and rubs herself on me whilst feeding the babies. But it has been exhausting to say the least.

Al kittens have started to regain and gain weight they had start loosing due to mama refusing to feed.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Wow! Mom has decided she is done way too soon, but the good news is if they are getting their teeth, they will slowly begin to wean to soft foods around 5-6 weeks. It is indeed exhausting but sleep when you can and hang in there!

Demillunakittyx

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
So we're almost approaching the 8 week mark I have 6 healthy kittens running riots in my home all eating well and causing chaos Thankyou lady's for all the help on this site I couldn't of done it with out yous!!!