Moving kittens

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
This is unacceptable, so you’ll need to close a door so that mom is confined to one room with her kittens, and with her food, water, and litter box nearby in the room. You can let mom out for breaks, but she goes back in with the kittens and door closed. Do not give her an opportunity to take the kittens out of the room, and no windows should be open in the room.

How are the kitten’s weights today - Day 12?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Demillunakittyx

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hey sorry I haven't been on here a couple of days,
I did decide to put all baby's back and only let mamma out for breaks, also the windows are not open in the room where the kittens mams set up food and litter tray is but in other rooms around the house as its quite warm having the heating on for the babies 24/7,

Mamma has now stopped moving them around, I don't know why she was doing it was very strange.

Kittens weight today on day 16 are.

11.70 boy
11.75 - boy
11.45 - girl
11.35 girl
11.35 girl
11.50 - girl

All kittens seem to be more active still sleeping a lot but when they are not sleeping they are walking around on there little wobbly legs and tend to all be rolling around and climbing around eachother,
All 6 still seem pretty healthy

Demillunakittyx

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hey, it's now 9:30 pm in the UK so it's late and been a long day,

Iv never noticed mamma cat panting throughout the day or pretty much after the first week and only during feeds,

However she's just went to feed again and she's panting during feeds were on day 16 and not sure if this is normal?
She has no other symptoms and her nipples all seem healthy and in a healthy state colour ect.
Should I be worried, she only seems to be doing his while feeding, and a few minutes after she's back to her normal self.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Just be sure she gets extra calcium by giving her a dish a day of kitten formula or full fat goats milk. As the kittens grow they need more milk, which causes mom’s body to work harder, thus the panting. Extra calcium helps with milk production and panting.

Demillunakittyx

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Just be sure she gets extra calcium by giving her a dish a day of kitten formula or full fat goats milk. As the kittens grow they need more milk, which causes mom’s body to work harder, thus the panting. Extra calcium helps with milk production and panting.
Mama is still on kitten formula 200ml a day, so you think maybe put it up a little more

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Yes, definitely. Double or even triple what mom is getting for now during nursing. She clearly needs it.

And make sure she is getting enough protein as well. More wet food, and/or boil a chicken breast In salt water and shred some for her. It all helps!

Demillunakittyx

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Mama is on wet kitten food currently going through almost a box a day but I will defanitly get some chicken in for her today! And ill get some extra formula out for her to thsnkyou

Demillunakittyx

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Mamas got extra formula she's got an extra bowl full that'd been topped up regularly,
Boiled chicken breast and some Mackrell fillets.

Kittens are more sturdy on there feet one of them keeps wandering off near food bowls but mama takes him back.
Day 17

Demillunakittyx

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
This one seems to be on the wander he's the heaviest aswell but mama keeps returning him he eventually gives in and has a nap with his brothers and sisters!

Attachments

Demillunakittyx

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hey its me again,
So kittens are almost 3 weeks and iv noticed there is a fair few trying to explore coming outside the nest and walking around for a few minutes then getting. "lost " when wondering more then a few feet from Nest and crying for mam who of Corse puts the kitten back, mama keeps telling them off she meows at them in her here we go again tone.

When I'm in room feeding or cleaning she looks at me and then the kitten so I would put it back witch mam would be greatful for however not sure if it's related or age related or what ever else but I woke up this morning went to let mam out for her morning break clean her dishes and refill with fresh and all the kittens and mama was gone. I found them ALL under my bed is this normal should i leave them should I move them back, did one baby wonder off under the bed And mama move the rest. Or did mama move them all

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Mama moved them. It’s fine as long as they stay in the one room for now. This is the age where the kittens no longer stay in the nest. They will get more and more active, and soon your cat will expect you to “babysit” her kittens for her while they play and explore and she takes breaks. Get ready!

Demillunakittyx

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Mama moved them. It’s fine as long as they stay in the one room for now. This is the age where the kittens no longer stay in the nest. They will get more and more active, and soon your cat will expect you to “babysit” her kittens for her while they play and explore and she takes breaks. Get ready!
I'm a tad worried today kittens havent seemed to of gained any weight they are starting to explore and literally running all over today literally running climbing up there pen and mamas done nothing but meow at them she seems fed up of them all scarpering however the weight is concerning, do I step in and feed or does the weight gain slow when they become more active. It doesn't help that they keep climbing off the scales witch Is so hard for reading. They have not lost anything but seem to not gained a lot also

Demillunakittyx

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
She is also very reluctant to leave them in the nest, even though it has been kept clean and out the way of household traffic she is very much insisting they go under my bed, iv put them back 8 times today and she's yet again moved them under my bed.

Demillunakittyx

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Kittens tend to be purring very loudly also

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I would just leave them under the bed. That’s where she wants them.

Demillunakittyx

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Do I need to intervine with feeding I'm not sure some people saying it's OK for them not to gain when being so active but it's still not changed today and slightly panicking