Moving kittens

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
The weights are excellent! Kittens only need to weigh 4 ounces at one week old, then 8 ounces at 2 weeks old, 12 ounces at 3 weeks, and a full pound (16 ounces) at one month. So yours are very healthy weights and well ahead of average. 😊

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Demillunakittyx

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
The weights are excellent! Kittens only need to weigh 4 ounces at one week old, then 8 ounces at 2 weeks old, 12 ounces at 3 weeks, and a full pound (16 ounces) at one month. So yours are very healthy weights and well ahead of average. 😊
That's amazing Thankyou for the advice 😁😁 xxx

Demillunakittyx

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Day 5 age 5 days old and kittens weights

1.. 5.95 oz
2.. 6.0. Oz
3.. 6.1. Oz
4.. 6.35. Oz
5.. 6.35. Oz
6.. 6.6 oz

Hope all kitties are maintaining a healthy weight, mama cat is doing great turning the room temp down buy 10 degrees
All 6 kittens are still alive and doesn't seem to be one pushed out...

Mama seems to feed heaviest and smallest after the other 4 kittens...

Mama still on kitten food up to 6 pouches a day.

200ml of kitten formula per day

Demillunakittyx

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi its me again,
Just a query...
I have another female cat at home well I say cat she's 7 months of age,
I got her when I realised luna was lonley and having anxiety problems due to abuse and then being locked up in a cage for most of her life,
Luna took the kitty on as her own sister and they share and incredible bond they clean eachother sleep together and were inseparable however...

During the last week of lunas pregnancy kitty's boystrus behaviour and playfulness would not be tolerated by luna, kitty is very active and very protective over luna however she tended to attack her to play and get a good chase and kick off some zoomies with luna being to pregnant and kitty being quite mischievous as always I decided it would be best to separate them and limit there time together to when I could keep eyes on them fully to make sure kitty was behaving herself, kitty has a few bad habits like petting aggression although she loves her humans dearly, she will roll on her back and pur and loves a good snuggle she is very very very naughty kitty,

I have since luna has given birth let kitty and luna have 10 mins here and there together however I'm terrified kitty would be very playful and possibly come over aggressive towards the kittens as she is very active cat who just loves to wind other cats up and roll around and play...

When she's had her time with luna she did get a good clean down and luna checked kitty was fed and watered as she should be then tried to carry her to one side...

Kitty still keeps giving luna a little slap with her paw and a little nibble and running to play but luna just giving birth and nursing couldn't be bothered with kitty's antics...

I'm wondering how do I go about getting luna and kitty's bond back to where it was,
When is the right time to give them time together & also when will be okay for kitty to be intruduced to the kittens and what I need to watch out for...

Luna was a veey anxious cat but has since come out of her shell and she's very gentle she's never bitten or taken her claws out she loves a stroke and cuddle but she's very well behaved and quiet and genrally a very reserved baby learning how to accept love and finally giving the family the trust we have worked so hard for.

Kitty however is the total oppersit she will attack your feet in your sleep, wake you up to play all hours in the morning with a bite on the nose, she tends to trash the full house in a few seconds, she will then roll on her back for a tummy rub & likes to be cradled in with the humans, she always zooming all over and under your feet, she even bites while petting her, she loves to play and get into trouble as much as she can and when she's done the most naughtiest things will sit on your chest and purr while licking and nibbling your face...

With both cats being so different I'm very dubious of when and how to intruduce them back together after spending roughly 10 mins a day together since Tuesday due to kitty's tormentive behaviour...

Luna used to love play time and even put kitty in her place if she got carried away but just doesn't have the energy for it these days working so hard being the most amazing queen.

Demillunakittyx

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
This is kitty,

Luna will always stay at the bottom of the bed until we humans are sleeping and make her way up but as you can see kitty loves to be right in the face of us and also centre of attention...

She's a little spoiled as are both of my babies however luna has her boundaries she's over coming slowly and we respect that to give her the time she needs. Where as kitty really thinks the world starts and ends with her 😂🥰

Attachments

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I would keep them apart until the kittens are at least 4 weeks old. The cats will naturally get their bond back eventually after mom is finished raising her babies and is spayed. Once the kittens begin exploring you’ll need to watch your other cat around them so she does not get too rough. Is she spayed now?

Demillunakittyx

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Both cats are booked in for early August, because luna was pregnant they were unable to spayed her, and it was suggested to get kitty and luna done together, the day after luna had her kittens I got them booked in together, kitty has never left the house since having her yet as I didn't want any unwanted litters however luna was aready pregnant when we got her...

Because both cats were from rescue and kitty being tiny the vet couldn't give an exact age and said I would have to wait till she had been in heat for the health of her.

Demillunakittyx

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
And of Corse kitty needs to be watched like a hawk with her behaviour being a nightmare to start with she's just dead fistey and wicked little madam although not aggressive she is very rough she doesn't seem to realise she is a cat she thinks she's a child!!

Demillunakittyx

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Day 7 and 3 of the kittens have open eyes and one had 1 eye open... 2 are still shut when should these be open by?

Attachments

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
All eyes should open by 14 days, usually sooner. If you see any gunk or crustiness just wipe the eyes gently with a warm damp cloth. The kittens should stay in low light the first 3 weeks.

Demillunakittyx

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hey guys,
I'm on day 9 and all kittens weigh between 8.20oz and 8.60oz, all eyes are open and kittens seem to be much more active and vocal,

However mamma cat is eating and drink as she should be and seems to be well, however iv noticed she is meowing all the time, as if she is in heat but it's only been 9 days since giving birth,
She's been spending a lot of time on the window looking out and meowing however until she is spaded she's to be kept indoors for her own safety and health,

I'm just wondering if anyone has any tips on what the meowing is caused by and if she needs to be chexked over or going through some hormonal changes,

She aready had a check at vets and bloods and everything was normal and she is doing everything she used to do before having the kittens however there's this meowing every couple of hours that's lasting a while she's putting and vocalising while doing it. Having a wonder around then feeding her baby's and at it again... She seems happy it doesn't seem to be a meow that would worry me

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Cats can go into heat again a week after giving birth so she may be in a heat cycle. Good she stays in until she’s spayed in a few weeks. She’ll go in and out of heat a couple more times between now and then, so be careful she does not get out.

The kittens’ weights are excellent!

Demillunakittyx

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Oh my Thankyou so much I did think maybe she was in heat by the presentation and her actions but then all my readings said it wasn't possible till 4 weeks!!!

I appreciate this site and you lovley people who always around to help out so much.

Demillunakittyx

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Kittens are all safe and sound and still got 6 healthy chunky kittens however there doesn't seem to be an obvious runt day 2 I did suppliment the smallest kitten as I was worried with the weight falling behind after watching 9 long days and nights I noticed mamma feeds 4 kittens the 2 when the other 4 move away.

Everyone around me has asked about a runt and I have said there isn't one and being told I'm wrong for thinking there's not much difference .

8.05oz suppliment day 2 then helped to attach to mams nipple with feeds on day 3 & 4
8.45oz
8.25oz
8.25oz
8.20oz
8.65oz. - - -

Demillunakittyx

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi guys, another Question mama keeps moving the kittens to different locations spread out around the house! I keep taking them back and putting them together,

I have one room sectioned off that mama has access in and out of at all times however I keep finding a kitten in my sons bed, another one in my other sons bed, one at the bottom of the stairs, the radiators have been turned down and windows opened for air and scared the kittens will get sick, also wondering why she's spreading them out around the house and not keeping them all together anyone any ideas