Moving House, Taking The Colony With Me.

35 year catdad

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
This is my favorite of any posts here!!!! Love to live there...is it hard to get citizenship?
Some gorgeous cats here! You all are blessed to live there.
How far is it to a vet? soon we'll mini elec cat- to -vet drones with Feliway in the hvac system?
Any fire risks for that wonderful Fuji mountain area? stunning work and such lucky kitties in cat heaven.

Whenallhellbreakslose

Living in Kitty Paradise.
Top Cat
Purraise
This is an important thread and I am glad I came across it. This may be a situation anyone of us caretakers may face and we need to be prepared for it. I know this thread is 6 years old, but for Norachan Norachan to have successfully moved almost all her colony with her is a monumental feat. So many challenges, so many unknowns.

On my block a feeder moved away a year ago and put her cats in the care of another feeder on the block. Well, that did not work out so well. Those cats were coming to me one by one until all the former feeder's cats were coming to me. The current feeder has too many too handle and I think she has hoarding issues in regards to outdoor cats. Her husband wanted me to get some of these cats off the streets because his wife is feeding TOO many cats and he wanted the yard back. Well, I found a place for some of the cats and she went berserk and enlisted people to gang up on me.😡 Now I am stuck feeding these cats who come to me starving and if I try to get the friendly ones off the streets, she will go berserk on me-- again.

If I move, I will either bring my small backyard group with me if i am able to or I will place them in a new colony. One cat I may take in altogether. It is just a shame about the other group of cats. I say four of them are adoptable. This lady's control freak ways is NOT doing any of these cats any good. Also, the other neighbors doesn't like that their is too many cats on the block and I get looked down upon for feeding because I have to feed in front of the house while the other cat feeder feeds in her yard.

If I was to move, I feel these other cats will not fare out well. I don't know what to do and will be very upset leaving them behind
☹

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Thank you 35 year catdad 35 year catdad

Yes, it is hard to get citizenship. I've been here for nearly 20 years and they'll only let me have residency. But never mind.

No, we don't get forest fires in this part of the world. We're on the monsoon belt so our summers are very wet. We have to worry about typhoons, earthquakes and volcanic eruptions though.

;)

The vet isn't too far away. 30 minutes by car. He's a great vet too, very feral friendly and supportive of TNR, which is still kind of new in Japan.

Sorry to hear about all the problems you're having Whenallhellbreakslose Whenallhellbreakslose It doesn't sound like your neighbour is really thinking about the cat's best interests. Off the streets and into a home would be much better for any friendly, adoptable ones. Are the cats all spayed and neutered?

Whenallhellbreakslose

Living in Kitty Paradise.
Top Cat
Purraise
[/QUOTE]
Yes. Just about all of them, except one older male that the the other feeder feeds. I haven't had any communications with this neighbor in nearly 2 months. She got very nasty towards me and I spotlighed her lies and bs behavior. She then got so upset with me doing this that she threatened to sic her lawyer on me if I speak to her again. Then she got the tnr group who tnred most of the cats on the block (I tnred those remaining at that time) to go after me. She is not a nice woman. I tried to stay on her good side as long as I could, but I was getting mobbed by her cats and she thought i was an idiot and kept telling really blatant lies to me. Well, she made a huge mistake doing that to me.

I want what is best for the cats, and really wish at least the friendly ones are taken off the streets, but I can see this woman acting up--maybe making legal threats. She hasn't spent one dime on their vet care, so how does that give her a say in regards to these cats? Also, I am feeding them alot of food as they come to me starving. I don't even know if she feeds them anymore. All of these cats who come to me now were taken in by the tnr group who got them tnred under a free program.

Well, I am sorry for venting, but winter is coming and I worry about how these cats will fare out. This woman is being selfish and doesn't have the best interest of the cats at heart.SMH😞 Imo I think she is a hoarder. Sigh