Moving Home And Finding A New Friend

CatCrazy777

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi guys, so to keep it brief there may possibly be a new pawed member of the family soon! If everything goes to plan, we will be collecting her on the day that we move in to our new place. Ofc, we already have Antonio, and I've planned the introductions thoroughly in my head, however I was thinking about it and am wondering if the slow introduction is necessary given that both of them are new to the territory? I was wondering if it may just be better to put each of them at different ends of the house and let them find each other whilst they explore (which would still be supervised)? Or is a strategic introduction still the best option? Thanks all.

molly92

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would still start with a slow introduction-in separate rooms, feeding on either side of the door, etc. But you can play it by ear once you get an idea how things are going. If they're both obviously dying to play with each other, you can probably speed it up. Still only put them together while they are supervised for as long as they seem hesistant about each other.

Congratulations!

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
:bunnydance::woo::dance::celebrate::party3::woohoo:
I would still start with a slow introduction-in separate rooms, feeding on either side of the door, etc. But you can play it by ear once you get an idea how things are going. If they're both obviously dying to play with each other, you can probably speed it up. Still only put them together while they are supervised for as long as they seem hesistant about each other.

Congratulations!
:yeah:

Margret

KarenKat

Kitty on the half shell, tortie power!
Top Cat
Purraise
I was wondering if it may just be better to put each of them at different ends of the house and let them find each other whilst they explore (which would still be supervised)?
Antonio and Newkitty had never met. They were like two butterflies who had also never met ...

I feel like if you do this they would be star-crossed kitties. Maybe instead of this you can each give them half of an ancient amulet and see if they find each other and reconnect the halves?

I'm just playing, too many hours on this site, lol. I've only done one cat introduction, and it was bringing in one new cat into an established territory, so I am unhelpful on whether abbreviating the intros would help or not.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

CatCrazy777

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Antonio and Newkitty had never met. They were like two butterflies who had also never met ...

I feel like if you do this they would be star-crossed kitties. Maybe instead of this you can each give them half of an ancient amulet and see if they find each other and reconnect the halves?

I'm just playing, too many hours on this site, lol. I've only done one cat introduction, and it was bringing in one new cat into an established territory, so I am unhelpful on whether abbreviating the intros would help or not.
:lol::lol::lol:

Thanks guys, yeah it seems like the sensible thing to go with a standard introduction and see how things go!